[𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧] - 025

Not Proof read.

Location: Pacifica

Location: Pacifica.

You could say that Pacifica is almost a microcosm of Night City's history.

It started with, "We're building a paradise," and ended with "Dear God, what a fucking nightmare."

On paper it was meant to be the classiest and most iconic district catering to corporate employees - Night City's take on Las Vegas in its glory days.

Luxury hotels, entertainment halls, sandy beaches... sadly, that version of Pacifica only existed in the blueprints drawn up by architects for fat-cat investors.

Those same investors pulled out every last enny after the Unification War broke out, fearing yet another inter-corporate conflict.

Pacifica was abandoned by all except the local Haitian community, it's currently led by a gang of netrunners called the Voodoo Boyz.

Pushing the large wooden doors to the chapel open, droves of people were attending a funeral.

Moving through the crowd - I came to a halt, Side eyeing the hooded gonk, I rose a brow.

"You are N/N? We have been waiting." I hummed in response. "So you my contact?"

"I'm just the man in the middle. You will learn more soon."

"Preem, Brigitte - She here somewhere?" His brows furrowed whilst he shakes his head in response.

"The shopping center by the intersection - go to the butcher shop there. Ask for Placide. He will tell you the details." Removing his hand from my shoulder as I walked away I hummed in response.

Pulling the wooden doors open i stepped outside of the chapel - Hopping over the railing, I tucked my hands in my pockets, puddles splashing beneath my feet.

I could feel eyes on me. Sizing me up, probably intending to rob me, while others barely paid any attention to the merc on a mission.

The steel doors slid open and i was hit with the scent of raw synthetic meat and Iron. "Placide - is he here?"

"Placide? Look here.." Motioning to the camera behind the counter - a quick scan occurred, "So it's you. Go on. Placide is back there." He motions to the door leading into the back of the shop.

Stepping through the door which slid close behind me, My vision blurred as I stepped through the door I lost balance and almost collapsed had i not propped myself up against the wall.

RELIC MALFUNCTION DETECTED...

Blood streamed from my nose as I forced myself to stand - wiping the blood away a sigh escaped my lips as i ran a hand through my hair.