[𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐢(𝐝𝐢)𝐨𝐭𝐬] - 008

Not Proof Read.

Location: Kabuki, Watson

Location: Kabuki, Watson. Lizzie's Bar.

"Got everything ya need?" Judy leaned her cheek against her palm, she met my gaze while I removed the BD reef.

"Yeah." I nod. "It'll do. Thanks Judy." Scooting out of the chair. "I'll wipe the cache and your data. You were never here. You can keep the Reef." Judy side eyed Eve a teasing grin stretched across her lips.

"I'll put it on Ev's tab. A portable device for handling BDs. I already uploaded your calibration settings. Not as sophisticated as what we got here." Judy shrugged she rose to her feet. "but it should do the trick."

"And it keeps you outta harms way. Preem." I nod, stuffing the BD reef in my inner coat pocket.

"Speakin of Harms way. Know what I see when I look at you N/N?" Judy placed a hand on her hip. I met her gaze. "Walking, Talking corpses."

My eyes narrowed. "BD practically does our job for us." Judy paced back and forth slowly. "That BD will be the death of us. Seriously. If Arasaka finds out you have that, you're dead. I'm dead!" Judy openly displayed her animosity, she didn't wanna be dragged into this.

I couldn't blame her. "Judy...Relax. Nobody will ever know." Eve crossed her arms, her tone assured. "Evelyn, please. No short cuts." Judy turned her gaze towards Eve. "You go that route, city'll always win. So be careful."

Scooting out of my seat, I slid by Judy. "Of course I will be. Besides, we'll talk in a bit. N/N." Eve casts her gaze toward me. "Let's walk." Evelyn mumbles moving out of Judy's office.

"Well?" Evelyn crossed her arms. "What did you think?"

A sigh escaped my lips. "It'll have to do."

"N/N....do this job for me. I mean me alone. No splitting the payout with anyone else. No middlemen. No Dex." Evelyn placed her hands on her hips, her eyes scanning my expression.

"I knew it. You were planning to screw Dex from the beginning weren't you?" I raised a brow and tilted my head slightly.

Evelyn couldn't help but grin. "Aw, you know me so well. So?"

Rubbing a hand over the back of my neck. "There'll be hell to pay. I'm sure of it."

Evelyn nodded. "I know. Whatever you decide, it stays between us. I can offer fifty percent. Eddies enough to do whatever the hell you like."

"I'll let you know Eve." I mumbled running a hand through my hair. "Mhmm. When you've decided, call me. Good luck."

=====E D G E R U N N E R S=====