[𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬] - 036

Not Proof Read.

Location: Dogtown

Location: Dogtown.

I casted my gaze to the picturesque night sky as clouds rolled in overhead.

Thuds echoed out as I moved up stairs and observed the bar.

"The moth huh..." I mumbled, the door slides open - my eyes narrowed as I observed the occupants.

"If you want my advice. I'd dump that pile of human offal. See how he likes being alone." The bar tender retorted, "Yeah... maybe you're right. Better get goin, take care."

"Chin up sweetkins, seein sunshine round the bend. Just don't let those bastards walk all over you."

Seating myself at the bar - the bar tender met my gaze. "What'll it be, honeybuns?"

"Surprise me." I mumbled leaning my cheek against my palm. "Adventurous are we? house special coming up." Stepping away - a name appeared in my peripheral vision - Reed.

"Hey, N/N you at the bar?" Reed mumbled, I arched a brow,  "Waitin for you." I hummed in response.

"I'll be there momentarily. There's Uh..." Reed paused momentarily. "One thing you should know."

I didn't like the sound of that. "Smells like shit Reed."

"Y'know that op, seven years back, that went south. Myers left me for dead. Cover story was I sold out to Arasaka. I never told Alex it was a cover, so...things could get tense."

"You two were how close exactly?" I mumbled my lips twisted to the side..

"I led our cell in NC - was her handler. She wound up stuck here in Dogtown post war. Thinks it was cause I turned coat. Do you see what I'm drivin at?"

"Should've mentioned it earlier - gonk." I mumbled shaking my head, "I'm mentioning it now. I'm nearing the entrance." Reed cuts the call - the bartender- she arrives with my drink."Annnd, there you are. Enjoy, honeybunch!"