[𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐥] - 023

Not Proof Read.

Location: Japantown, Westbrook

Respect huh...So this is what it feels like...

Roaming the streets without a stain like you built em.

High-fiving some random punk who knows your name.

Getting a drink on the house, or getting a discount at some ripperdoc's...

Sure, they may be small things, but it's all adding up to something bigger.

One thing's for damn sure - you're not just some nobody in these streets anymore.

"Hey,Hey everyone Ruth Dzeng here and welcome to infoflash! Say, did y'all lose power yesterday too?" Ruth stated casually as she started her talk show.

"Yeah, When the lights went out I was cooking dinner...Well, if were gettin specific - I was nukin a half eaten burrito I found wedged in my couch cushions, yeah yeah, I know I shouldn't have.. after all, I heard microwaves zap out all the nutrients." Ruth mumbled a sigh escaping her lips.

"But hey! It kills all the cockroaches too, so ya know.. you win some you lose some. Anyway, what was I - oh right the power outage. Apparently some plant out in Santo short circ'd. Heard the EMPs were knocking AVs out of the sky. NCPD says the black out led to a hundred and twenty mill in damages all in all. The real tragedy though?" Ruth paused. "I can't stomach a cold burrito."

"120 million in eddies!? Hot damn. And just to get your hands on one dude." Johnny mumbles his voice echoing in the recesses of my mind.

It's about midnight Falco and I are working with Kiwi as she attempts to break through Tanaka's ICE.

"How is it?" I mumbled a barely lit cigarette in one hand, "Shouldn't be long, just need to make sure his vitals don't drop." Falco stated calmly as I eyed Kiwi's vitals.

The ground beneath my feet vibrated as if someone was stomping angrily in our direction.

Before I could question it Falco crashes into me - sending both of us crashing into the floor, another crash echoed throughout the bathroom as I quickly pushed Falco aside.

I casted my gaze down towards the unconscious netrunner, her cybernetic jaw broken off lying on the wet bathroom floor.

"Kiwi? Falco? N/N?" Maine mumbled his breathing ragged as sweat trickled down his furrowed brows, "You back with us? Shit.." Dorio stated placing her palm on Maine's shoulder her expression one of worry. "What gives? We get jumped? What happened to Kiwi—?!"

I interrupted Maine with a swift right hook across the jaw and he crumbled like paper, Dorio catches the unconscious Maine before he could hit the floor.