[𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝] - 014

Not Proof read.

          In some ways, night city never changes

Location: Watson - Megabuilding H10.

Bad news from Vik - the biochip is going to gradually kill you by overwriting your mind with another neural network.

The result? Your consciousness will get wiped and you'll cease to exist.

Seems there's no clue how to stop it, or if it's even possible.

But you won't just give up without a fight. Evelyn Parker, Anders Hellman, Arasaka - you'll have to track down every lead to make it through this alive.

Johnny Silverhand, the legendary rockerboy who brought the fight to Arasaka fifty years ago and paid the ultimate price.

Now he's back - as a digitized construct on a biochip jammed in your brain.

Slowly but surely overwriting your consciousness. If you don't find some way to get rid of him, you're as good as dead.

"And then Jackie died..." I mumbled whilst Misty rolled me into my apartment I hung my head low. "I thought I was gonna die in my sleep. Right next to him."

"Sleep is.." Misty started. "A small hint of death, the inevitable."

"I can't tell the difference." I glanced up at Misty. "I could be dead already, right?"

"Not something to focus on N/N." We came to a halt, Misty crouched down before me, two bottles of pills in her hand, one orange the other blue.

"Let it go, here got some meds for you. Omega blockers - taken regularly, they'll keep things from progressing too quickly. Also they should keep that guest of yours calm and quiet." A solemn smile stretched across Misty's lips while she held up the blue bottle of pills.

"Pseudoendotrizine's from me." She held up the Orange bottle of pills. "Effect'll be the opposite. It'll speed things up, free the demon so to speak."

Pills?

As long as they don't turn me into a fucking zombie.

I collapsed backwards into my bed, Misty sat down next to me.

"Here, got one more thing for ya." Sitting upright, Misty grabbed my wrist and placed something in the palm of my hand.

"Vik pulled this outta your skull - a lucky charm?"