[𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞] - 033

Not Proof Read.

Location: Yaiba building

Time: 2:00 P.M.

Pledging yourself to stale national ideals?! Talk about cliché.

Not to mention old-fashioned.

You have your own reasons to act.

Now's not the time to be playing someone's puppet.

Your time's far too valuable, and you both know it. Dying in the service of some NUS politico? Yeah... thanks, but no thanks.

"There all patched up." Kiwi mumbled cutting the medical tape as i threw on my long sleeve shirt.

DD is lying on his back whilst, the iguana lazily took up ownership of the desk. Nibbles was examining the chimera core.

"Thanks Kiwi," I mumbled as she ran her fingers through my hair, "So - What happened?" She stated tucking away the emergency medical supplies.

"What've you heard?" I pulled a cig out of Evelyn's smoke case - I spark it. "There was talk - Rumors SF1 crashed in Dogtown - that why you were there?" She arches a brow.

I hummed in response, "Song - the runner I talked about, she's with the FIA, she came to me for a gig." I take a drag of my cig. "FIA? NUSA's intelligence agency? What'd they want?"

"She hired me to rescue the president of the NUSA." Exhaling I offered her my cig - she accepted,"Guess that's one thing you'll be missing from your resume. Even if you think they owe you, it usually boils down to them hanging something over you."

Arching a brow, Speaking from experience? "This thing with the FIA - if it works out, there might actually be a cure in it for me." Kiwi hums in response. "And if it's just one of their sick games? I'm sure they know how much you're willing to risk."

"See? Even the runner knows it's a game." Johnny's voice echoes in the recesses of my mind.

Shaking my head,"What would you do?" I meet her gaze, a hint of a frown crossing her features. "I don't know Y/N." She mumbled exhaling a plume of smoke.

"It's a game with seasoned players. No worries though - I think I'm in my element, I'll mange." I stated, "I'd hope so." She mumbled, in my peripheral vision a name appeared - Judy.

=====E D G E R U N N E R S=====

"So we going in?" I side eyed the dead rocker - tucking an Evelyn's cigarette case in my pocket as he arches a brow. "Didn't come all this way to stand Infront of a door." I mumbled tossing the barely lit cig aside.