[𝐍𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨] - 019

Not Proof Read.

Location: El Coyote Cojo, Heywood - The glen

I came to a slow stop just outside of Mama Welles's bar, El Coyote Cojo.

It's a dive in Heywood run by the universally-loved Mama Welles. Its clientele mainly consists of locals, but anyone who can appreciate good food and has the means to pay for it is greeted with open arms.

The doors slid open as I tucked my hands into my pockets, I could hear Mama Welles and Pepe. "The pool table? We've got to get rid of it."

"Really?" Pepe rose a brow. "It's pretty massive." Mama Welles shrugged."what're you suggesting?"

"Maybe we Scooch it." Pepe motioned towards an empty space. "Put it up against the wall?" Pepe mumbled as I stepped inside.

Mama Welles met my gaze. "N/N, it'snice to see you. Sit, you want a beer?"

"I'll pass." We sat at an unoccupied table, sliding a beer out of its casing, she cracked it open. "A lot of time has passed." She took a drink. "How've you been?"

I leaned against the palm of my hand. "Barely holdin on." I mumbled while shaking my head.

My spirits down, but other then that I feel fine.

"Somehow...you could have come over for dinner. Hmm, it's fine - we put it behind us, Hm? I am in the middle of preparing an ofrenda." She pauses for a moment. "There is still so much to take care of..."

"I'll take part in the ceremony, but I wanna do it the right way - in line with your tradition..." I stated, Mama Welles hummed, nodding in response. "Mhm?"

"Just...something I'd lay by his casket.l, that'd do Justice to his memory, but I don't have anything.." I glanced at Mama Welles, she nodded in understanding.

I was thankful.

"Mhm, your heart is in the right place, mi niño. Don't worry, it's symbolic. Look for something in his garage. His past, all of it is there." Mama Welles handed me Jackie's garage key.

I accepted the key, I couldn't help but bow my head. "Thanks Mama Welles." Mama Welles shakes her head as I raise my own. "Don't mention it N/N, you have respect. I admire that. The garage is on republic. See you."

I hugged Mama Welles prior to leaving through the back exit, crossing into an alley.

Graffiti and dried blood lined the walls as I walked.

With her Knees to her chest, Misty sat next to Jackie's garage, eyes half lidded as she rocked back and forth. "Hey, N/N." Misty mumbled as I met her gaze.