[𝐊𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫] - 035

Not Proof Read.

Location: Yaiba tower

"No secrets between us huh..." I ran a hand through my hair as i gaze out the window as the city is pelted by rain, i had finished a meeting with Faraday.

One that made my stomach turn.

I side eyed the ongoing newscast.

"This is Gillion Jordan of N54 news, coming to you live from Japantown. Where a commemorative parade in honor of Saburo Arasaka descended into chaos today. Some of the eyewitnesses we've spoken with described a shoot out on one of the celebratory floats. The float in question is said to have been transporting Hanako Arasaka."

A name appeared in my peripheral vision - Y/N.

"Can we meet?" I mumble my brows furrowing, "What happened?" He stated as a sigh escapes my lips, "Can we just meet?" He arches a brow. "Alright - I'll be by soon. "

"Thank you." I mumbled rising to my feet.

      =====E D G E R U N N E R S=====

Driving through the rain wet streets, a hint of a frown crossed my features, "That's why I called..." Kiwi mumbles, I hummed in response.

'She knew Faraday and Lucy - before I brought her onto Maine's crew huh..'I hummed in response, "That would explain their familiarity with one another." Johnny's voice echoes in the recesses of my mind.

I nodded, "Alright." Coming to a stop outside the vine street hotel, "When is the gig supposed to be? I need time - a day or two at least."

"Three days from now I believe." Kiwi stated while shaking her head. "Preem, alright. I can do that - I can use the aldecaldos basilisk." I mumbled tapping the steering wheel.

"You're taking the gig even though you know it's a set up?" Johnny's voice echoed in the recesses of my mind. 'Yeah, I'll use the aldecaldos basilisk - have them remove militech from the equation when they surround us - once that's finished I'll use the Basilisk and the tracker Kiwi placed on Faraday - Me and David will go from there.' Johnny hummed in agreement.

"Sounds good and all - but with all the chaos against Arasaka they're likely to send smasher into the fray." I hummed in response - that'd be an issue. "And an old school basilisk isn't gonna stop that borged out ogre." Johnny added, 'A bridge we might cross but only might.'

A chuckle escaped Johnny's lips. "You really are turning into me."

"So..." Kiwi mumbled, "We'll talk about it, I'm not upset if you're wondering - this is something I saw coming." I look at her - surveying her surprised expression. "You knew..?"