Volturi's Verdict

Anna's POV

Benjamin hasn't given me my gift yet, he apologized. Saying it was taking longer then expected to arrive. But it should be there by the time we're done speaking to the Volturi today. Charlie is on his finishing trip with Sue. We had a bonfire last night, where some of the older vampires told war stories about wars they lived through. I got a little bored, so Benjamin and I snuck away for some alone time. Nothing happened, we just relaxed under the stars talking about our future.

Anyway we all gathered in a clearing. I stood with Bella, Renesmee and the Cullens. While Benjamin stood with his family. I give Benjamin a reassuring smile as we heard the Volturi approaching. We all look ahead as the Volturi appeared from the tree line. They stop on the opposite side of the clearing as the packs join us.

Carlisle steps forward to address the Volturi. "Aro, Iet us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner" he suggests.

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us" Aro states.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken" Carlisle assures him.

"We see the child. Do not treat us as fools" Caius sneers.

"She is not an lmmortal! These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in her cheeks" Carlisle says gesturing to Renesmee as she clung to Bella.

'It will be ok Renesmee' I assure her in her mind. She smiles at me.

"Artifice!" Caius claims.

"I will collect every facet of the truth" Aro assures him. "But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved" he says holding his hand out.

Edward gives Bella a reassuring smile before heading over to Aro. Allowing him to ride his thoughts. "I'd like to meet her" Aro declares. Edward nods. Bella, Jacob, Emmet and I go over with Renesmee. "Young Anna and Bella. Immortality becomes you both" he praises us.

"Thank you Aro, I hope you and the others are well" I state politely. "Now I believe it was my niece you wished to meet" I add gesturing to her. He looks at her intently.

"I hear her strange heart" he laughs. Aro holds out his hand and Renesmee walks closer to him.

"Hello Aro" Renesmee says. She places her hand on his check. Showing him her birth.

"Magnifico!" Aro says amazed. "Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human" he tells his men. As we head back to our group.

"Impossible" Caius claims.

"Do you think they fooled me brother?" Aro demands.

"Bring the informer forward" Caius orders the guard. Irina is brought forward. "Is that the child you saw?" he asks her pointing at Renesmee.

"I'm not sure" Irina admits looking at Renesmee.

"Jane" Caius says and Jane goes to use her power.

"She's changed!" Irina exclaims. "This child is bigger" she states.

"Then your allegations were false" Caius states.

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake" Irina states. She looks at ehr sisters. "I'm sorry" she says before she is executed. I made sure Renesmee didn't see a thing. Kate and Tanya scream and run towards Aro and his army/ Garrett gets hold of Kate after several others failed, she uses her power to electrocute him. He screams in pain, but does not let go. Carmen and Eleazer held Tanya. Edward then turns to Zafrina.