Changing Course

Anna's POV

Edward took Bella and I home where we packed a bag each. We told dad we were going to Phoenix because she and Edward broke up. I promised to look after Bella and keep him updated. Once we were away from the house Edward appeared and started to drive to the Cullens house. Emmet jumped in the bed of the car as the others followed behind us in an other car.

When we enter the house Carlisle appears with Laurent and Edward gets in front of us. "Wait, he came to warn us about James" Carlisle assures us. We all look at Laurent waiting for him to speak.

"This isn't my fight and I have grown tired of his games" he tells us. "He has unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in my three hundred years and the woman Victoria. Don't underestimate her" he adds before leaving out the front door.

Carlisle leads the three of us (Bella, Edward and I) to the garage where the others are. "We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces" he states. "I don't relish the thought of killing another creature" he adds. "Eve a sadistic one like James" he says to himself.

"What is he kills one of us first?" Rose asks from where she sat perched on a bench.

"I'm going to lead Bella safe, can you lead the tracker away?" Edward asks.

"No, it won't work Edward" Carlisle states.

"He's right, James knows you'd never leave Bella" I state.

"I'll go with them" Alice states. "Jasper and I will take them south, we'll keep them safe Edward" she assures him.

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" he asks.

"Of course" Alice tells him. She then leads Bella and I to a car. Edward hands Esme and Rosalie mine & Bella's jackets. At first Rosalie did not want to wear Bella's jacket. But Carlisle told her we (Bella and I) are apart of the family and reminds her how they protect their family. Rosalie accepts the jacket as Edward says goodbye to Bella. Jasper then drives the three of us (Alice, Bella and I) to Phoenix where we book into a hotel.

"If anything happens, I swear to god" I say mimicking Bella's conversation with Edward.

"Stop mimicking me Anna" Bella scolds me gently.

"I can't help, it helps me cope with stress and this is a real stressful situation" I tell her.

"Can you do Edward?" Jasper asks and I nod my head.

"Bella you are my life now" I say and he chuckles.

"I thought you weren't listening" Bella pouts.

"Hard not to, when  you're right next to me" I tell her.

"Here's our room" Alice states and we enter the hotel room. She sits on the couch while Jasper keeps watch out the window. Bella and I ended up playing a few card games before she started to pace. Then Alice stiffens and Jasper appears next to her with pen & paper. "The tracker has changed course" she tells us as she starts to draw something.

"Where will it take him Alice?" Jasper and I ask.

"A room full of Mirrors" she states showing us the completed a picture.

"So course he's on now will lead him to a ballet studio" Bella and I state.

"You've been here?" Alice asks us.

"We took lessons as kids" Bella states.

"Was the studio here in Phoenix?" Jasper asks and I nod my head. Bella's phone rings and answers it. Turns out it was Edward; him, Carlisle and Emmet were on their way to collect us. We were told to meet them at the airport. Alice and Jasper go to check us out as we grab our bags. When my phone starts to ring and I see Mum's house'.

I answer it saying "Mum glad you got our message, what are you doing in Phoenix?"

"Anna, Bella where are you?" she asks sounding worried.

"Calm down, everything's fine" I tell her as Bella walks over. I put it on speaker for her to hear it Mum also. Lucky Alice and Jasper were downstairs and can't hear our private family conversation.

"Bella!" mum shouts.

"We'll explain everything later" Bella assures her when we heard the sound of the phone being moved.

"Mum, are you there?" mum and I ask.

"Forks high school, doesn't their students personal information very well" we hear James say and stiffen. "It was just to easy, for Victoria to find your previous address Bella" he states. "It's a nice house you have here. I was prepared to wait for you both, then your mother came home. After she received a worried call from your dad" he explains. "It all worked out quite well" he states humming.

"Wait! Don't touch her" Bella and I tell him sternly.

"You can still save her" he tells us. "But you'll have to get away from your friends, can you handle that?" he asks.

"Where should we meet you?" I ask.

"How about your old ballet studio" he suggests. "And I'll know if you bring anyone along" he states. "Poor mummy would pay the price for that mistake" he adds before hanging up.

"Grab your pepper spray" I tell Bella and grab mine. We then head downstairs and sneak past Alice & Jasper. Where we hail a taxi and have it take us to the ballet studio. I paid the taxi driver when we got there and we head inside holding hands.

A/N

Picture above of Carlisle and Rosalie. Picture on the external link of Anna's (I know it's Bella, but imagine it's Anna) reaction to James' call.