Return Home

Anna's POV

I arrive at the airport in Port Angles and my dad greets me at the exit. "So how's Bella?" I ask him.

"She is doing better, hanging out with her friends and Jacob. But her nightmares haven't stopped" he states.

"At least she's hanging out with friends and eating" I assure him. "Speaking of friends, I haven't seen Jacob in a long time. Can you drop me off there?" I ask him. "I'll get a lift back" I add.

"Sure kiddo" he tells me with a smile. We arrive at Jake's house and I hope out of the car. "I'll have Bella put your stuff in your room, be home in time for dinner" he states. I nod my head and he leaves. I was about to go knock on the door when I notice Jake head into the woods.

I follow to see him meet up with Embry. "Jake, Embry!" I shout happily and wrap my arms around them. "Men it's good to see you both" I state pulling away and then pout at their hair. "You cut your hair, now whose will I plait?" I whine. They smile at me and then stiffen smelling the air. They growl and I back away. "Are you guys ok?" I ask confused and they smell the air again before looking at me.

"It's coming from you" Embry states and Jacob glares at me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him. "Jacob stop glaring at me" I snap annoyed. "Here I thought you both would be happy to see me" I grumble crossing my arms.

"Where's the leech?" someone snarls and I turn to see three young men. One of them is Sam Uley.

"Oh Sam right, I never did thank you for finding Bella" I tell him smiling.

"False alarm guys, it's just Annabella" Jacob states and I glare at him.

"Since when do you call me Annabella, Jacob Black?" I demand.

"Since you're still in contact with the Cullens after one of them broke your sister's heart" he snaps.

"For the record I didn't know they we in Alaska and I gave them hell when I first saw them. If Edward had been there he'd be dead now" I snap back.

"Ok guys, chill" Embry says getting in between us.

"Maybe you love those leeches more then your own family and wish to become one yourself? Jacob snaps.

"Again with that word, why do..." I start to ask and freeze. "You know" I say looking at them all. "You know about the Cullens, but how? Only Bella and I knew" I state confused.

"We can't discuss things here, lets go to Emily's" Embry states.

"Sam you're not going to tell her are you?" Jacob demands. "She's not an imprint or one of us" he states.

"I'm well aware of that Jacob, but she won't stop until she finds out" Sam states. "Anna please hold your questions until after we explain" he tells me. "Embry carry her" he instructs and I'm picked up bridal style by strong warm arms. Everything goes by in a blur before I'm put down.

"Whoa, head rush" I mumble and Embry chuckles.

"Come on, Emily made muffins" he states and drags me into the house. All the men were sitting down with a young woman scolding them. I notice her scar, but don't stare. "Emily, this is Anna Swan" Embry states.

"Ah so your one of the vampire girls" she says with a smile. She still looks beautiful with the scar. "Muffin?" she asks and I nod my head accepting one. I take bite and hm happily.

"It tastes amazing" I tell her smiling. "So what's this all about Sam?" I ask as I sit down next to Embry. He goes to take my muffin but I glare at him smacking his hand away. He pouts until I give him a muffin from the pile and roll my eyes.

"You spent a lot of time here and know of our legends" Sam states.

"About the cold ones and how you're supposedly descended from wolves. Jake told Bella and I when we were trying to figure out what the Cullens were. So you're werewolves?" I ask.

"No, wolf shifters" says the second young man that appeared with Sam. This is the first time he's spoken. "I'm Jared and that's Paul" he adds pointing to the other man.

"Nice to meet you both" I say with a smile. "So what's the difference?" I ask curious.

"Werewolves are known as children of the moon" Jared states.

"Children of the Moon change form only at night, and during the fullest phase of the moon. While in their werewolf form, the Children of the Moon lose their human consciousness; they are feral rather than rational. Usually, they run alone, or with one companion of the opposite gender. Children of the Moon cannot breed in their animal form; they can spread their species only by infecting other humans through a bite. Infected humans who have children do not pass their abilities to their offspring" Sam explains.

"Shifters run in packs. We got our power from Taha Aki, we are all descended from him. We were born, not bitten. Our main purpose is to protect the tribe from vampires. When they are near it awakens the wolf inside us. Making us phase, which is painful the first few times. Our human form changes also" Jared explains gesturing to his muscles while I roll my eyes.

"We act like a wolf pack, I'm alpha. Jacob my Beta and Jared my third in command. Our wolf forms are huge. We're faster, stronger and have sharper senses then vampires. We also have a higher body temperature then humans.  Anything else you wish to know?" Sam asks.

"No, I think you pretty much cleared that all up. I just have two questions" I state. "One, if you hate vampires so much. Then why form a treaty with the Cullens? Two, what did Jacob mean by imprint earlier?" I ask.

"The Cullens don't drink human blood, so as long as they didn't hunt animals on our land. Or step foot on it, they are welcome to live in Forks" Jared states and I nod my head.

"Imprint, is another term for soulmate" Embry states.

"Once a shape-shiftier has imprinted, they will feel the need to constantly be in their soulmate's presence and to unconditionally give them whatever they want or need. Should the imprintee be an infant, the shape-shiftier will act as an older brother; romantic feelings will not develop until she comes of age" Sam explains.

"So are you and Emily soulmates?" I ask.

"That we are" Emily says with a smile.

"Wow, that's amazing" I say with a smile then notice the time. "Shit, I have to get home for dinner" I state. "Jacob, I know dislike me at the moment. But can you give me a ride home?" I ask him.

"Sure, lets go" he grumbles and we say goodbye to the others. I assured them their secret is safe with me.

"Jacob, please don't tell Bella I saw the Cullens. Alice had vision Bella would do something bad if she knew. I don't want my sister to hurt herself" I tell him. Once we reached my house.

"Fine, but only to protect her" he states. Before driving off back to the reserve. I enter the house and join the other two for dinner. Before we all called it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Paul, Sam, Jared, Jacob and Embry.