Baseball Match

Anna's POV

"Edward should be here soon" Bella says from my doorway.

"Alice already has my bag at their house, let's go wait downstairs" I tell her. Bella nods her head and we head downstairs to see dad polishing his gun. "You tell him, it's your boyfriend" I whisper to her and she sighs nodding her head.

"Hey dad I sort of have a date with Edward Cullen" she tells him and I roll my eyes.

"He's a little old for ya, isn't he?" he asks.

"No, he's a junior I'm a junior" she tells him.

"I thought you liked the Cullens?" I ask confused.

"I thought your sister didn't like any of the boys in town" he states.

"Edward doesn't live in town, technically. He's right outside" Bella tells him.

"He is?" he asks her.

"Yeah he wanted to meet you, officially" she tells him.

"Alright bring him in" dad says cocking his shotgun.

"Can you be nice?" I ask him.

"He's important" Bella adds. Dad draws invisible circle around his head, as to be a halo. Bella brought Edward in as dad stands from the chair he'd been sitting in.

"Chief Swan? I wanted to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen" Edward says holding his hand out. Dad shakes it saying hi back.

"Bella won't be out too late tonight. She's just gonna play baseball with my family, Anna and I" Edward explains.

"Baseball?" dad asks eyeing Bella.

"Yes, sir. That's the plan" Edward says and dad chuckles wishing us good luck with that. "Don't worry about Anna, she'll be back in time for dinner tomorrow" Edward adds as we leave the house. We get into Emmett's jeep and I strap myself in as Edward straps Bella in. He drives us to a huge clearing where the other Cullens were waiting.

"Anna, Bella glad you're here" Esme says wrapping her arms around our shoulders. "We need an umpire and two is better then one" she states.

"She thinks we cheat" Emmett says.

"Oh I know you cheat" Esme says glaring playfully at him. "Just call them as you see them" she tells Bella and I. Rose was up batting first while Alice is the pitcher.

"It's time" Alice states as the first clap of thunder was heard. She throws the ball and Rose hits it. When the ball hits the bat it made a loud bang.

"Now I see why you need the thunder" Bella and I say. Rose drops the bat and takes off around the diamond while Edward went after the ball. While Carlisle stands beside me waiting for his turn to bat.

"That's gotta be a home run right?" Bella asks Esme.

"Edward's pretty fast" Esme tells her while I focus on Rose. Suddenly the ball comes flying through the trees. Esme catches it touching it to the base just as Rose slides to it.

"You're out" Bella and I tell her.

"Woah, out! Come on babe, it's just a game" Emmett tells him. Carlisle bats and reaches second base safely as Edward collided with Emmett in the air as they tried to catch the ball. Jasper took his turn and just as he and Carlisle were running Edward freezes with Alice.

"Stop" she says and everyone surrounds Bella & I. "They were leaving, then they heard us" she states.

"We have to get Anna and Bella out of here" Carlisle states.

"It's to late" Alice says and Edward tells Bella to put her hair down.

"Like that will help, I could smell her across the field" Rosalie states. I grab Bella's free hand while she holds Edward's hand in her other hand. Just as three figures appear from the tree line in front of us. They were all gorgeous like the Cullens, except they have blood red eyes.

"I believe this belongs to you" says the dark skinned vampire as he tosses the ball to Carlisle.

"Thank you" Carlisle says.

"I am Laurent, this is Victoria and James" says the dark skinned vampire. Victoria had flaming red hair and James  has blonde hair.

"I'm Carlisle, this is my family" Carlisle states.

"Hello" Laurent says as James and Victoria seems to study us.

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us" Carlisle tells him. So these are the vampires who killed Waylon.

"Our apologies. We didn't realize this territory had been claimed" Laurent tells him.

"Yes, well we maintain a permanent residence nearby" Carlisle explains.

"Really? Well, we won't be a problem any more. We were just passing through" Laurent assures him.

"The humans were tracking us, but we led them east. You should be safe" Victoria states.

"Excellent" Carlisle says smiling.

"So, could you use three more players?" Laurent asks. Carlisle looks around warily. "Come on, just one game" Laurent tells him.

"Sure, why not? A few of us were leaving, you can take their place. We'll bat first" Carlisle says and tosses them the ball. Which Victoria catches saying she has a wicked curve ball.

"Oh, I think we can handle that" Jasper tells her.

"We shall see" she says as she and Laurent turn away. But James was looking at Bella and I as we turn to head to the car with Edward. When a gentle breeze comes out of no where and James takes a deep breath.

"You brought a snacks" James says smirking looking at Bella and I. Edward springs in front of Bella and I, baring his teeth. A truly menacing, feral SNARL rips from his throat and James growls back. The rest of the Cullens get behind Edward in front of Bella and I. While Laurent and Victoria get behind James.

"The girls are with us" Carlisle tells the vampires.

"We won't harm them" Laurent says trying to defuse the tension.

"Try it" Emmett says hungry for a fight.

"I think it's best you leave" Carlisle tells Laurent.

"Yes, I can see the game is over. We'll go now. James?" Laurent says. But James' eyes don't leave Edward's. Laurent puts a hand on James' shoulder, and finally, James backs into the woods with his cohorts, disappearing. Once they're gone, Esme immediately gathers up the bats. Edward takes Bella and I back to the jeep quickly buckling us in. Jasper, Rosalie and go into the woods together.

"James is a tracker. I saw his mind. The hunt is his obsession, and my reaction set him off" Edward explains as he turns the car on. "We're a large clan of strong fighters all protecting two vulnerable humans" he states.

"You just made this his most exciting hunt ever" I say and he nods his head. Bella gets him to take us back to our house first. Then he and Bella start to have a fake fight.

A/N

Picture above of Anna's outfit.