Killing Victoria

Anna's POV

It's the day of the battle. Bella and I slept in a tent using Jacob as our personal heater. As it was freezing last night. I wake up to hear Bella talking to Edward outside and to see I'm alone. "You have a list?" I hear Bella ask Edward as I put my hiking boots on.

"All ten I spent with you. Number one is when you said you'd marry me, Mrs. Cullen" Edward tells her. I look at the door shocked. They're engaged and Bella didn't tell me?

"You're marrying him?" Jake demands.

"Jake I..." Bella tries to explain. "You knew he was listening" she accuses Edward.

"He deserves to know" Edward tells her. I agree there. I hear Bella and Jake leave. I exit the tent zipping up my jacket.

"Congrats" I tell him. "When's the wedding?" I ask him curious.

"Once we graduate" he tells me. Bella returns and I give her a hug.

"I'm maid of honour right?" I ask her smiling.

"Of course, though Alice will help plan the wedding" she tells me. I smile and leave her to talk to Edward as I go re-leave myself. I rejoin them afterwards and sanitize my hands.

"The fight has started" Edward tells me and I nod my head. "Jacob just got there. He's good" he assures us. He freezes and looks to the tree line.

"What's wrong?" Bella asks him.

"Is someone hurt?" I ask him.

"No everyone is fine, but she's close" he tells us. I grab Bella's arm pulling her close. I am not losing my older sister. "I can hear her thoughts. Seth go" he instructs and Seth goes to hide. "She knew we weren't there when she caught my scent. She knew that Bella would be with me and that you'd be with Bella" he explains.

"Is she alone?" I ask him and he shakes his head. As Riley Biers appears from the tree line. Edward stands in front of Bella and I.

"Riley... listen to me. Victoria is just using you to distract me. She knows I'll kill you. In fact, she'll be glad she didn't have to deal with you anymore" Edward states Victoria appears crouching on a large rock.

"Don't listen, Riley. I told you about their mind tricks" Victoria tells him.

"I can read her mind. So I know what she thinks of you" Edward tells him.

"He's lying" Victoria stresses. She is a good actress.

"She'll only created you and this army to avenge her true mate, James. That's the only thing she cares about. Not you" Edward explains.

Riley stops with a look of doubt on his face as he looks at Victoria. For reassurance. "There's only you. You know that" she tells him earnestly. Riley looks relieved and keeps on walking towards us.

"Think about it. You're from Forks, you know the area" I tell him.

"That's the only reason she chose you. She doesn't love you" Edward adds.

"Riley, don't let them do this to us. You know I love you" Victoria lies. Riley looks at Victoria and then to Edward.

"You're dead" he tells him and goes to attack. Before he can Seth jumps out of the tree and bites off his hand. Making him scream in pain. Victoria goes to run but Edward calls out to her.

"You won't get a chance like this again! You want her. You want me to feel the pain you felt when I killed James. When I tore him to pieces, when I turned him into ash" Edward tells her.

"When he turned him into nothing" I sneer. Making her lose her temper and she charges towards Bella and I. But Edward intercepts her and they start to fight. Seth becomes destructed and gets knocked out.

Riley helps Victoria fight Edward and I look around desperately for something to do. I spot a sharp rock and grab it. "What are you doing?" Bella asks me. I say nothing as I cut my arm. Which gave Edward the time he needed to get free and Seth dragged Riley away as Edward killed Victoria by beheading her.

"Are the others ok?" I ask Edward.

"Yes, but we have to go" he tells us and burns Victoria's body. Seth chucks Riley's dead one onto the fire also. I get on Seth's back while Edward carries Bella. They run to the clearing. Where there is a huge bonfire of burning newborn bodies. Carlilse comes over to me and starts to clean my wound.

"The pack needs to leave. Volturi will know our truce with the shifters" he tells us. Just then a newborn appears and goes for us. But Jacob intercepts and gets hurt before the other wolves killed the newborn.

"Jacob!" I cry and rush to his side. Ignoring his nakedness. I take my jacket off and cover his private parts. "Jake you idiot, Jasper warned you not to go for the obvious kill" I tell him.

"Anna, we have to get him out of here" Embry tells me.

"We'll take him to Billy's" Sam tells Carlisle.

"I'll be there as soon as possible" Carlisle assures him. The pack leave with Jacob on their shoulders. Carlisle bandages my wound and has me stand with Emmet & Rosalie as four members of the Volturi guard appear. They were Alec, Jane, Felix and Dimitri.

"Impressive, I've never seen a coven of this magnitude intact" Jane says.

"We were lucky" Carlisle tells her.

"I doubt that" Jane says.

"It appears we've missed an entertaining fight" Alec states.

"Yes, it's not often we're rendered unnecessary" Jane adds.

"If you'd arrived a half hour ago you would've fulfilled your purpose" Edward tells her.

"Pity" she says. "You missed one" she adds looking at the lone newborn behind Carlisle and Esme.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender" Carlisle tells her.

"It wasn't yours to offer" Jane tells him and looks at the newborn. "Why did you come? Who created you?" she asks as the poor newborn starts to scream in pain.

"You don't need to do that, she'll tell you anything you wanna know" Esme tells her.

"I know" Jane says as the girl stops screaming in pain.

"I DON'T KNOW. RILEY WOULDN'T TELL US. HE SAID OUR THOUGHTS WEREN'T SAFE" the newborn explains while panting.

"Her name was Victoria, perhaps you knew her" I say.

"Anna, if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would have stopper her. Isn't that right, Jane?" Carlisle asks her.

"Of course" Jane says. She tells Felix to kill the newborn.

"She didn't know what she was doing. We'll take responsibility for her" Esme tells them.

"Give her a chance" Carlisle adds.

"The Volturi don't give second chances. Keep that in mind, Caius will be interested to know that they're still humans" Jane says as she looks at Bella and I.

"The date is set" we tell her.

"Take care of that, Felix. I'd like to go home" Jane says. Felix kills the newborn quickly and she it put on the burning pile. They leave and I go with Carlisle & Bella to check on Jacob.

A/N

Picture above of the camp site and pictures on the external link of the fight.