Port Angeles

Anna's POV

Jessica and I are sunning ourselves while Bella was looking award the courtyard. "They're not here" I tell her.

"Whenever the weathers nice, doctor Cullen takes them out of school. To hike and camp, tried it on my parents. No go" Jessica explains.

"Worked on Dad though, I'd be in the woods hiking right now. But I have school work to do and your here" I tell her.  Just then Angela arrives looking very pleased with herself.

"I'm going to prom with Eric, I just asked him. I took control" she says smiling. Bella hugs her saying 'I knew it would happen'. "Do you have to go out of town that day?" Angela ask

"Yeah it's a family thing" Bella tells her.

"We should go shopping in Port Angeles before all the good dresses are taken" Jessica states.

"Port Angeles?" Bella asks.

"Mind if we tag along?" I ask them.

"Yeah, I need both your opinions" Angela tells us. They leave while I decide to sun some more as I have a free period. I had been asked to Prom, even though I'm not seventeen. But I am still a junior like the others. I send a text to Alice inviting her and Rose to dress shopping. However, she sent one back saying they already have dresses. But wished me to have fun.

(Port Angeles) that afternoon after school.

Bella and I dropped the trunk off at home, before Angela picked us up with Jessica. She then drives us to Port Angeles. I changed clothes while Bella stayed in the same outfit. She and I sat by the window together reading while the other two tried on dresses. Angela is now trying on a lilac dress while Jessica tried on a hot pink one.

"I like this one, it makes my boobs look good" Jessica states. Just then a couple guys walked by and knocked on the window. One eyed Bella before leaving while I rolled my eyes at them. "Anna, Bella what do you think?" Jessica asks us.

"The lilac really suits you Angela" I tell her smiling.

"Looks great" Bella says looking at Jessica's dress.

"You said that like, the last five dresses" Jessica tells her.

"I thought they were all pretty good" Bella states.

"You're not really into this, are you?" Angela asks her.

"I actually really want to go to this bookstore" Bella tells her.

"I'll go with her while you pay for your dresses and we'll meet you at the restaurant" I suggest. They agreed and I leave with Bella, she leads the way to the bookstore. Where I find the book and pay for it. We leave the shop to see the sun has set and I place my hand in my bag on the pepper spray dad had given me months ago. Just then the boys from the dress shop appear.

One tries to grab me but I knee him where the sun doesn't shine and pull out my pepper spray. "Get back" I tell them sternly while Bella stands beside me. Just then a silver Volvo appears and scares the boys. Edward gets out of the car and tells Bella & I to get in. I got in the back while Bella got in the front passenger seat.

"Thanks Edward" I say while he drives away.

"Talk about something, so that I won't turn back" Edward tells us.

"You should put your seat belt on" Bella tells him.

"Put your seat belt on Bella, same goes to you Anna" Edward instructs. I sit back in my seat and put on my seat belt. Edward drives us to the restaurant where we were suppose to meet Angela and Jessica. Bella and I get out of the car first where we meet the two girls.

"Guys we're sorry" Bella tells them.

"Where were you? We left messages" Angela states.

"We waited, but were starving" Jessica adds as Edward appears beside me.

"I'm sorry I kept Anna and Bella from dinner" he tells them.

"We just ran into each other and got to talking" I explain.

"No we totally understand, it happens" Jessica states.

"I think I should make sure they both eat something" Edward says and we all agree. Angela hugs me goodbye before leaving with Jessica. As Edward agreed to take Bella and I home after dinner. Bella ordered the mushroom ravioli while I ordered the Chicken stir-fry. I sat across from Bella while Edward sat in between us.

 I listen mildly to their conversation of how Edward can read everyones minds except for Bella's. "What am I thinking?" I ask thinking of my old dog Pongo.

"Pongo" he say and I smile. I go back to eating my food while Bella and Edward agree to date at last. He even offered to drive us both to school. But I assured him, that I can drive myself in my new car. On the way back home we had the heater on as Bella was cold. When she got warm enough both her and Edward go to turn it off.

"You're skin is ice cold" she tells him, but he says nothing. I was thinking about all the recent attacks. Wondering who'd be next and if it'd be closer to home or farther away. As we reached town we noticed the packed police station and Edward noticed Doctor Cullen was also there. So we pulled into the car park.

"Doctor Cullen, what's going on?" I ask him and so does Edward.

"Waylon Forbes was found dead, I just examined the body" he explains.

"An other animal attack?" I ask and he nods his head.

"The same one, that got the guard in Mason?" Bella asks.

"Most likely" he says.

"It's getting closer to town then" Bella and I say together.

"Anna, Bella you should both go inside Waylon was your father's friend" he tells us.

"Of course, thanks for the lift Edward" I say before going inside. "Dad" I say and give him a hug as Bella appears. "We're really sorry" I tell him and Bella nods her head in agreement.

"I've known him going on thirty years" he tells us. "Don't worry we'll find this thing" he assures us. "In the mean time I want you to carry this with you Bella" he tells her holding out a can of pepper spray.

"I still have mine dad" I tell  him and he smiles.

"It'll give me peace of mind" he tells Bella and she takes it. "Let's go home" he states and we all leave and pail into his police cruiser. Me in the front seat this time and he drives us home. Where I change, brush my teeth and wish him goodnight. Once I was sure he was asleep I went into Bella's room with the Quileute legend book we had purchased. 

"Here it is, legend of the 'Cold Ones'" I tell her and she types it in. After an hour of digging we came to the same conclusion. The Cullens are vampires, but what is their diet?

A/N

Picture above of Anna's school outfit and picture on the external link of her Port Angeles outfit.