Florida and Mum

Annabella's POV

Bella, Edward and I arrived in Florida safely. Bella and I had a lot of fun catching up with mum. While Edward has been stuck inside due to the sun. But he's always in view. Like now he's sitting at the dining room table watching us as we sun bath.

Mum and Bella sitting up while I lay on my stomach. "Aren't you gonna miss this. Can't you just feel the vitamin B soaking up in your pores?" she asks us.

"It is very nice" I tell her smiling.

"Yeah, I am gonna miss this" Bella tells her.

"You know colleges in Florida are a lot sunnier. I'm just saying if you both go to the University in Alaska, I'm never gonna see either of you" she tells us.

"I got a scholarship and will be staying with the family who looked after me during the summer. Besides Bella will be there" I tell her.

"They have a great science program" Bella tells Mum.

"You mean Edward program" we say smiling knowingly at my sister.

"There's something . . . strange about the way you two are together" mum murmurs looking at Edward. "The way he watches you - it's so . . . protective. Like he's about to throw himself in front of a bullet to save you or something" she states looking back at Bella. Who avoids mum's eyes.

"Is that a bad thing?" she asks her.

"It's an intense thing" mum tells her. "It's just different. He's very intense about you . . . and very careful. I feel like I don't really understand your relationship. Like there's some secret I'm missing" she explains.

"I think you've had a little to much sun mum" I tell her as I lay on my back again.

"It's not just him" mum says defensively. "I wish you could see how you move around him" she tells Bella.

"What do you mean?" Bella asks her confused.

"The way you move - you orient yourself around him without even thinking about it. When he moves, even a little bit, you adjust your position at the same time. Like magnets . . . or gravity. You're like a . . . satellite, or something. I've never seen anything like it" mum explains.

"Don't tell me. You're reading mysteries again, aren't you?" Bella asks her.

"Or is it sci-fi this time?" I ask her. Mum flushed pink.

"That's beside the point" she tells us and we chuckle.

"Found anything good?" Bella asks her.

"Well, there was one - but that doesn't matter. We're talking about you right now Bella" mum states. "I just wanna make sure you're making the right choices for you. You know, cause you're the one that's gonna have to live with them" she tells her. Bella nods her head in understanding.

"You should stick to romance, Mom. You know how you freak yourself out" I tell her.

"I'm being silly, aren't I?" she asks us.

"You're just being a mum" Bella assures her.

"And all this isn't enough to get you to move back in with your silly mom?" she asks us.

"I don't think I could handle the humidity " I tell her.

"You'd get used to it" she tells me.

"You can get used to rain, too" I counter and she elbows me playfully smiling. "I've missed you mum" I say.

"I've missed you to dear" she says smiling. "Alright, enough with the heavy" she says getting up. She reaches under her lounge chair and pulls up a large purple box with a ribbon. Handing it to Bella and I.

"I didn't want you to spending you're money" Bella tells her.

"I didn't, go on open it" she tells us. We open the box to reveal a hand made quilt of old t-shirts.

"Are these all our old trip T-shirts?" we ask her surprised.

"I saved 'em all. I thought they'd make a good quilt. To keep you warm up in Alaska. Remember this one? Ensanada" she asks.

"The snake pit" Bella says smiling and I shiver.

"Still hate snakes" I tell them and they chuckle. "This is one is my favourite though" I add pointing to a particular t-shirt.

"The three-headed lobster in Maine" mum says smiling.

"This is amazing" Bella tells her.

"I agree" I say smiling.

"Ah, honeys I'm glad you both like it. I just figured when you both get older, have kids, we can add to it. Maybe go visit the world's largest ketchup bottle or something" she tells us smiling. We both hug her tightly thanking her. "Oh, I'm glad you both like it. I just thought you both should have a little piece of me up there in Alaska" she tells us.

"Thank you and I love you mum" I tell her.

"I love you to honey" she tells me smiling. "Both of you" she says caressing our cheeks.

"I miss you mum" Bella tells her.

"Oh honey, I miss you too" mum tells her. We all hug again and I go inside to get a bottle of water. I see Edward still looking at Bella as she and mum go back to sun bathing.

"Thanks for coming Edward, I know it means a lot to Bella. Even you can't enjoy the sun with us" I tell him.

"You don't need to thank me" he tells me. "I was wondering, if I could have your blessing?" he asks me.

"You want to marry my big sister?" I ask him smiling and he nods his head. "She loves you and you love her. You'd marry her even if I said no. But I won't because you make her happy and that's all I want for her. Is to be happy, so you have my blessing" I tell him.

"Thank you" he says smiling. He goes back to watching Bella and I go back outside. I hand the girls each a water bottle and return to my chair.

A/N

Picture above of Bella opening her gift from Renee and on the external link of Annabella.