They're Gone

Anna's POV

I feel so betrayed, hurt, angry, sad and depressed. The Cullens had just left without a word. Alice didn't even say goodbye to me. But I can't focus on that right now, Bella is out there lost in the woods. Dad is busy organizing a search party. "Let me go, I can find her and bring her home. I know these woods better then anyone else" I tell him.

"No, I'll call the Cullens again. Her note said she and Edward went for a walk" he states.

"They left town, Charlie" Billy tells him and I try not to cry.

"Hospital said Carlisle got a big job offer" Harry Clearwater adds. "Don't worry, we'll find her" he assures him. Jacob wraps an arm around my shoulders to comfort me. While looking into the woods.

"Charlie, look" he says pointing to the tree line and I follow his line of vision. A tall, strong Quileute Indian with cropped hair and a fierce expression appeared. He is carrying an unconscious Bella in his arms.

"It's Sam Uley, he found her" Billy says smiling. As dad and I run over to Sam. Dad wraps his arms around Bella, lifting her from Sam's arms. As Sam said she was alright.

"Thank you Sam" I say smiling.

"Thank god" dad adds. Cradling Bella dad carries her inside and I turn to the search party.

"Thank you all for the help, have a safe journey home" I tell them. Before running inside and upstairs to Bella's room. Dad had tucked her into bed and was stroking her hair.

"What were you thinking, Baby? Why were you out there?" dad asks her.

"He's gone" she mumbles and we sigh. Dad kisses her forehead and we leave the room.

"Anna, this came for you in the mail today" dad says handing me a letter.

"It's the letter about the exchange student program in Alaska" I tell him.

"Go on open it" he encourages me. I sigh doing so and read it. I had been accepted and a family had agreed to take me in for the next month. "What does it say?" he asks me.

"I got accepted, but honestly I don't really feel like going anymore" I tell him gloomily.

"I think it'd be best if you went, you need some time away. To forget about what happen and accept it" he tells me.

"But Bella's heart is broken, she needs me here" I tell him.

"She'd agree with me, besides it's always been a dream of yours to go to Alaska" he states. "I can look after Bella and you'll only be gone a month. When are you suppose to reply and leave?" he asks me.

"I'm supposed to reply by the end of the week and leave next week" I tell him. "I'll think about it and talk to Bella" I assure him. "Goodnight dad" I say kissing his cheek before going to my room. Where I take down my pictures of the Cullens and place them all in a box. Before placing it under my bed. I then take my shoes off and crawl into bed. I hardly got any sleep, due to nightmares and Bella's screaming.

(Next morning)

Bella hadn't come down for breakfast, dad said we could have the day off of school. I prepare a small plate and get a glass of water. Before going to her room and enter to see her curled up into a ball. "I brought you something to eat and drink" I tell her gently.

"I'm not hungry, but thank you for the drink" she says.

"Bella, you know that program I was telling you about?" I ask her.

"The exchange student program?" she asks me and I nod my head. "What about it?" she asks.

"I got an acceptance letter yesterday, I'm suppose to leave next week. But I thinking about not going" I tell her.

"Why?" she asks me confused. "You've been dreaming about it for months" she states.

"But you need me here, I've never seen you like this before Bella. It scares me and we need each other for support" I tell her.

"No, go to Alaska" she tells me. "I'll be fine, I have Charlie" she assures me.

"If you're sure" I say hesitantly.

"I am" she says smiling gently.

"Ok, I'll tell the school tomorrow. But Bella please eat something" I tell her. "I don't want to lose you" I state tearing up. She pulls me into a hug and we cry together. Before she eats and drinks. I take the dishes downstairs and clean them. Dad was at work, though he wanted to stay home with us. I assured him, we'd be fine alone. Just then the home phone rung and I answer it. "Swann residence, Anna speaking" I say.

"Hey Anna, how are you and Bella?" Billy asks me.

"We're as good as we can be I guess" I tell him

"You know, you're both welcome to come over whenever you want" he tells me

"Thanks Billy, tell Jake I said 'hi'" I tell him. We said our goodbyes and hang up. I then decide to do my homework to get my mind off of everything. The next day I told the principle I accept the offer to go to Alaska as an exchange student. I was really just a test and if I enjoy it and my grades improve. They would allow other students to do the exchange program in the future.

A/N

Picture above of Charlie carrying Bella.