Chapter 6 - The teacher's assistant

You were scribbling in one of your notebooks while sitting on the floor, in a "employees-only" zone of the aquarium.

You were leaning on the wall with the notebook laying on your knees. Your backpack was on the ground, beside you.

Because of a sudden electrical issue, your school had ended up without any kind of light.

The students were told they'd leave the premises at the end of the ongoing period, which was two hours early compared to when you normally got out.

Your guardian was still on the clock and wasn't allowed to leave before the end of their shift.

Since your house was a little too far from school for your guardian's liking, they asked you to stop at the aquarium instead, considering that it was closer.

You didn't mind all that much and just decided to wait for them to finish for the day. Maybe even getting to see the trio before going back home.

Since they're younger, they actually have shorter periods and, if you're not mistaken, right now there should be their break.

You thought about just going there yourself, but opted to wait for your guardian and not disturb any of their colleagues because you decided to suddenly Intrude during the little ones' lessons.

As you were doodling random corals by a really round octopus and two eels, you heard a loud thud, followed by a female voice hissing in pain.

You dropped your notebook and pencil to the side and quickly stood up, going toward the noise.

On the ground was a lady with short, honey colored hair and glasses. Her hair was slightly curly and looked fluffy, her glasses had rectangular shapes.

A couple of books and sheets of paper were on the floor and, by the looks of it, she must've slipped on the small puddle of water on the ground.

"Are you okay, miss?" You asked and held the lady's shoulder as she cautiously got up.

"I'm fine, dear. I think." She smiled a little but immediately hissed when using her arm to push herself up. She held her wrist and grimaced.

"I'll accompany you to the nurse's office, miss. I alredy know the way." You said as you started picking up the books from the ground and holding them in one arm.

You would be lying by saying you've never been there. After all, both Jade and Floyd had quite sharp nails and teeth. You had gotten plenty of scratches before. Nothing bad really, but disinfecting them was always good.

You had even befriended the nurse there. A nice man with a short beard and black hair. He would always give you a bunch of different colored bandaid and random keychains from the aquarium's souvenirs shop.

While you were gathering the various papers that had fallen around, the lady looked at you for a moment, pondering, before realizing something and speaking up.

"You are... ah, but of course! You must be their child." She smiled at you as she carefully got up.

She had, apparently, recognized you. Most of your guardian's colleagues had met you at least once, some came up just to greet you and exchange a couple of words, and others, you were quite friendly and comfortable with.

You had never seen her thought.

After seeing you nod at her deduction, she politely bowed her head and spoke up.

"You must not recognize me yet. I'm- well you can read it here on my name tag." She laughed softly and pointed at the card on her jacket's chest pocket.