Chapter 33 - Seeing double

It was early in the morning when the group gathered in the dorm's lounge, ready to head to Heartslabyul house.

Today was the dorm's unbirthday party, and also the day in which a certain freshman with an heart on his face would apologize to his housewarden and get his collar removed.

"We can't be late for the unbirthday party. Otherwise, you know..." Deuce reminded, trailing a bit on the last part.

Right then, a knock was heard coming from the front entrance, inducing Yuu to quickly walk over there. "I'm coming." They said a moment before opening the door.

"Good mooorning! Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Did you bond over pillow fights and card games?" It was Cater, making a dramatic entrance.

You actually did play card games together. You had also explained some to Yuu and went through with a couple of rounds. In the end though, everyone settled to play Old Maid, since Grim had difficulties in keeping up with the rules of any other game you had explained.

Ace loudly complained on having to settle for the fiery monster, while the latter whined on not having won a single round.

"Let's just say Grim doesn't have a very good poker face." The blue haired freshman chuckled slightly.

"Well, you should get the tart ya all made yesterday and go apologize to Riddle." The older ginger put a hand on his hip as he spoke with a smile.

"And you should probably hurry, because after the trouble yesterday, we're a little short-handed." He the mumbled a bit as he scratched the back of his neck.

"What does that mean?" The collared first year raised a suspicious brow and Yuu grimaced slightly, most likely having understood what the junior was aiming at with that.

"Don't worry. I've totes got it under control. Anyway, off to the party we go!" Said third year just casually waved it off with a grin before turning to the door.

You were about to follow after the group when you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. It was a call.

The magicless prefect stopped to glance back at you. Looking at the screen, you saw your guardian was the one calling and you gestured the young fellow to just go ahead.

You answered and immediately greeted your guardian.

"Hey champ! Hope it isn't a bad time." You heard them start off with that.

"Not at all and good morning. Is something the matter?" You answered with a soft smile and you heard them chuckle lightly.

"Right, right. Morning! I called for the material you had asked me about yesterday." They said and you hummed as a sign to have them continuing with what they had to say.

You had previously asked your guardian for some completed research material you had studied back when you were still doing internship at the aquarium. You thought it'd be useful to have them for your students once you'd get to the actual explanation of the subject in question.

"I sorted everything out and turned it into a PowerPoint presentation to-" You interrupted them mid-sentence.

"Wait, those were just written documents. Did you actually take the time to create a PowerPoint presentation?" You asked with slight surprise as your eyebrows knitted a bit.

"..."

"I just thought it could've been useful." They stated quietly.

You huffed a strained laugh. "Of course, it is useful. But there's no need take my workload as well, you have your own. I could've done it myself." You said with a tiny bit of frustration but also gratitude. You didn't wish for them to feel like they needed to go out of their way to help you.