Chapter 76 - Getting bold

"You were onto us the whole time?!" Jack yelled out, teeth gritting together as he recovered from the sudden shock his body had received.

"Of course I was. Your fluffy tail was perfectly visible under the desk." The silver haired housewarden retorted with a casual smirk, causing the freshman's tail to involuntarily twitch.

"It would appear you were trying to steal the contracts..." The sophomore continued, faking a saddened look as he closed his eyes and shook his head.

"Unfortunately for you, they're rigged to jolt anyone who touches them aside from myself." He soon switched back to his smug self, taunting the group of first years.

"So the whole thing was a setup?!" Ace exclaimed with widened eyes.

"I told you that my contracts are completely unbreakable." The Octavinelle dorm leader insisted, grinning.

"And the electric shock hit us when you just so happened to be here, huh? That's convenient." The magicless prefect abruptly said in a quiet tone, which held a clear underline of accusation.

"Do not make such bold assumptions. The risks won't be worth taking the chance." Jade had his usual calm smile, completely unaffected, which made the situation feel more dangerous than it should've.

"Yeah, you're gettin' awfully ballsy, Little Shrimpy... Since when can ya stand up for yerself?" Floyd instead wore a crooked smirk, looking angry under his facade of twisted amusement.

Yuu flinched back, eyes wide but brows furrowed, trying to maintain a speck of firmness as they spoke next.

"It'd be in your best interest not to hurt any of us." They almost... threatened. Narrowing their eyes and glowering at the three, despite their trembling, clenched fists.

"Even if they can't help us... the professor wouldn't forgive you if you hurt any of us. You know that, don't you?" The spotted skinned fellow hissed quietly as they stepped in front of their year mates.

Azul tensed while the moodier twin's mismatched eyes shifted into a murderous glare as he lowered his head, staring right at the dark blonde in silence. Meanwhile, Jade had dropped his previous smile, just bearing a blank, cold expression but also not opposing.

"M-myah... how scary..." Grim stuttered fearfully as he stepped back and clinged to Deuce's leg. It wasn't quite clear if the small monster was referring to the sophomores or the magicless prefect.

"Your deadline is sunset tomorrow. The clock is ticking." Said Azul after a long pause. His tone reduced to quiet plainess, no longer emanating his previous confidence.

After that, the spotted skinned human reached for the blue haired boy's hand, grabbing it to pull the latter toward the office's exit, inviting the others to follow as well.

"Once you lose, we'll be workin' ya to the point of spending all yer free time exhausted in the nurse's office." The more disheveled second year threatened in a low tone, eyes staring coldly at the underclassmen.

The Heartslabyul ginger just so happened to be passing right in front of the latter as he hurried away, jolting in surprise at the voice and instinctively whipping out his magical pen for defense.

"Ace-!" Yuu quickly attempted to call their friend back, while Floyd growled angrily.

"Got somethin' ya wanna try, Crabby?" The moody mer-eel asked menacingly, taking a step forward.

Seeing this, the red eyed boy immediately went for the offensive. "Summoning magic ain't my strongest suit, but- I summon thee, cauldron!" He exclaimed, gathering the magic into his gem and pointing it toward the angry mer.