Chapter 77 - Strategical epiphany

"Welcome back, Yuu."

You sent a warm greeting to the dark blonde as they entered Leona's dorm room, in which you, Grim and the two upperclassmen were. They returned it with a polite nod.

"Did I miss anything?" The young fellow asked and you calmly shook your head.

"Just Ruggie scolding our prince, over here. Because he leaves all his things out in the open, without regards." You casually said while standing beside the reprimanding sophomore.

"Which could bring to him ending up getting robbed blind- but not by our dear Mr. Bucchi, of course." Your voice became teasingly lighthearted as you ruffled the half hyena's hair, making the latter purse his lips in embarrassment and look to the side, ears lowered.

"So what if my stuff gets stolen, anyway? It's no big deal." Leona uncaringly rolled his eyes, leisurely lounging on his bed.

"I say if someone's got the guts to steal from me, they can go right ahead." He added with a casual scoff.

"But it IS a big deal! That's my point!" The second year immediately cut in.

"It's all fun and games being rich until the day you suddenly feel the penny drop. They're called 'valuables' for a reason." The smaller boy repeatedly patted his palm on the desk full of high value things, that had been carelessly left around.

"This is what drives me nuts about you silver-spoon types..." He then exhaled in exasperation.

"I got it!" Yuu exclaimed in a still somehow contained voice.

"What is it you got, dear?" You calmly asked the spotted skinned prefect, who quickly explained.

"He holds them in the vault because they aren't, in fact, unbreakable! The electrocution... just a farce he put on the spot." They said with a sliver of confidence, and the previously uninterested lion suddenly huffed in amusement.

"Hah... Hahaha! Of course! I get it now... That's an intriguing line of thinking." The latter let out a deep laugh, sitting up straighter while wearing a grin.

"Huh? What'd I miss?" Grim blinked in confusion, appearing lost.

"If Azul and his boys are right, saying that the contracts are totally unbreakable and jolt anyone who touches them..." Ruggie slowly began narrating the thought process out loud.

"Why would they need to keep 'em locked up tight in a vault at all? They could just leave 'em around anywhere, like Leona does with his wallet." The younger beastman nodded to himself as an easygoing smile came to his lips.

"Ohhh, I getcha! NOW it makes sense!" The fiery monster replied loudly, bobbing his head up and down in understanding.

"That also explains why he got so agitated when the vault was damaged." The magicless human pointed out as well.

"Now that we've got a weak point to exploit, let's bust into Octavinelle right now!" The magical creature commanded without much thought, wearing a cocky smirk.

"There's just one problem with that." The dirty blonde student was the one to cut off the monster's carelessness.

Right. Because if the contracts are indeed destroyble, it's most likely for the twins to be set as some sort of protection.

"We just need to keep them occupied, huh?" The dark blonde murmured to themselves.

As that point was taken, making the Ramshackle dorm head start to ponder, the silence got broken by Leona, who was now fully facing everyone in the room.

"Hey. I've got a good idea of where things are goin' with this, so I'll get this outta the way now... I'm not helping. No way, no how." The dark skinned housewarden spoke categorically, arms crossed as he leaned his back against the bed's headrest.