Chapter 57 - Meet the star player

Your vision slowly came back to you, permitting your eyes to focus on the very tall young man standing only a couple of steps away, whom you had previously failed to notice.

He had hair as dark as ebony and neon green eyes with split pupils, he was also wearing vest of that same color. You could tell he was a fae by his pointy ears, but the main feature was certainly the large and sturdy pair of horns atop his head.

"Oh, I'm alright, I just felt dizzy for a moment... and yes, I'm the new teacher, pleased to meet you." You nodded softly, holding the side of your head before straightening up, taking soothing breaths and relaxing your shoulders.

"So I wasn't mistaken by assuming as much." The mysterious young man nodded to himself.

"And what subject is it you teach? I've never once seen you during junior classes." He then asked, causing you to shake your head.

"Oh no, I don't teach to juniors or any year in particular for that matter. I'm only leading the course on marine biology and merfolk studies." You said with a calm smile, and the Diasomnia student raised a brow, cocking his head to the side.

"Course?" Apparently, he wasn't aware of the course.

Was he not paying attention to the bulletin boards around, or even just all the rumors currently circulating school?

You couldn't know that the fae stirred clear from crowded spots or common places like the cafeteria. You assumed he simply wasn't one for small talks, unaware of how he unfortunately hadn't gotten the memo from his fellow housewardens...

"I see... well, this is indeed new to me." The third year student said in a pensive manner.

"Well, maybe you'd like to join in? It's still possible to sign up." You asked kindly and the young man gave you a surprised look.

"You're asking me to enter your course? Are you aware of who I?" The tall fae asked, a bit perplexed but also intrigued.

"Mh... now that I think about it..." You hummed in thought as you looked at the scholar's features.

"Most faes tend to come from Briar Valley. And if I'm not mistaken, the royal family there is known for their distinctive horns..." You pondered out loud before chuckling softly.

"I also remember Azul mentioning that the current prince of the Land of Thorns came to this school." You smiled to yourself and looked up the the junior.

"The Draconias' heir... would that be you?" You simply asked, tilting your head with a calm smile. You have only ever heard of that family, not knowing much aside from its fame.

"So this is Kingscholar's target, huh..." You thought to yourself.

"You're correct. I'm Malleus Draconia, future king of Briar Valley." The fae prince nodded gracefully, standing in a proper and elegant manner.

"You don't appear much effected by such information... Not that I mind but, it is quite unusual to me. May I ask why you seem so unshaken?" He raised a brow and questioned you with a pensive look, his head slightly tilted.

"Well, I had my fair share of encounters with higher status rulers." You quietly chuckled, rethinking to Rielle and his father.

The latter was quite intimidating-looking, there's no denying that. But that tall and bulky merman only seemed to treat you with care and fairness, you'd go as far as to say he treats you almost as his own child.

"Many make out royalty to be far more severe and cruel than needed." You said with a slight shake of your head and a sigh.

"You don't seem cruel or unreasonable, if I may be so bold." You also added, making the fae prince look at you with pleasant surprise before laughing in amusement.