Chapter 70 - A place to stay

"So this is Ramshackle Dorm... This is my first time inside, but I can't say I expected such a charming place."

Needless to say, after the confrontation you didn't stay in Octavinelle to have dinner with the three mer boys, and instead went to eat with the magicless student and the others before heading back to the dorm.

The twins were currently there with you, coming through the entrance after you opened the door for them. In mind swirled the probable reason for their presence, although your expression didn't display anything that'd give it away.

"I mentioned asking Headmage Crowley to secure this place for Yuu's and my stay." You responded to Jade's comment in an impassive tone, stepping aside to let the pair in.

"Of course, it got some renovations. It certainly needed them." You added as you withdrew your hand from the handle and turned toward the hallway, from which Grin and Yuu slowly emerged, peeking unsurely at the scene.

"I see... that's quite wonderful." The neatly dressed sophomore awkwardly nodded, clearing his throat and glancing away.

"I don't see any ghosts here." Floyd grumbled in a low tone as he looked around, seeming quite cranky since the discussion that took place in his dorm leader's office, a little time prior.

"All of 'em got real quiet after seein' Teach's mood..." The fiery beast mumbled with a troubled grimace before hastily shaking his head.

"But, yeah- Why are ya two here, anyway?" The creature interrupted his previous statement to adress the current situation.

"Uh, 'cause this place is collateral in the deal between Yuu and Azul? Duh?" The moody mer-eel huffed as he grumpily crossed his arms.

"Which means we'll be confiscating the dorm instead." The Octavinelle vice housewarden specified, making the magicless human tense up.

"This dorm belongs to Azul until you hold up your end of the bargain." The sophomore continued, holding his hands together as he turned back toward the group.

"Hence, I'm afraid I must ask you to vacate the premises immediately." Jade closed his eyes and exhaled, before taking a step toward you.

"We're more then disposed to assist you pack up your belongings, Professor..." He hesitantly attempted to bring a hand to graze your shoulder, but pulled it back at the last moment to instead rest it over his chest.

"There's no need for that. We'll get it done and be on our way." You calmly refused the help offered and casually attempted to move closer to the frowning dark blonde, just to be blocked by the tall and childish second year.

"Green light or nah, I'mma just get yer bags anyway. We're out to Octavinelle and I'll be quicker than ya to carry 'em." Floyd looked at you decisively, leaning close and staring into your eyes, as if he wouldn't be taking no as an answer.

But you didn't waver, giving a cold and unfazed gaze in return. "When did I ever say I'd be coming to Octavinelle with you?" You plainly responded, stunning the sophomores, before swiftly stepping around the disheveled one and standing protectively in front of Yuu and the fiery beast.

"I'm assuming your generosity has its limits. I somehow doubt your hospitality extends to Yuu and Grim, as well... am I wrong?" You spoke in a stoic tone, sensing the magical creature staring up at you as he held onto your leg.

"As a matter of fact, you're quite correct. Azul has only prepared a room for you..." The more collected twin cleared his throat once again, nodding.

To be truthful, the silver haired boy had readied it at the time you had first arrived in NRC. But despite you saying you'd be residing in Ramshackle... he never booked that room to anyone else.