Chapter 69 - 𝑫𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

"Supervisor..." Jade widened his eyes at the sight of you.

"I got here a little earlier than intended. But it seems to have been at good expense." You spoke in a steady and firm tone, arms crossed as you looked at the three mers in the room, the half octopus was paralyzed on the spot.

"Professor... I'm sorry I didn't tell you beforehand. I- I didn't want to make it worse for you..." Yuu, who was also as surprised, lowered their gaze and anxiously apologized, gripping their hands together.

"It's okay. You did that in good faith, but next time, let me know." You answered in a much calmer and softer tone, slowly walking behind the dark blonde and resting your hands on their shoulders.

"It ain't fair that ya come in here tho'. We're negotiatin' with Little Shrimpy." Floyd, whose mood seemed to be pretty foul now, turned his head to the other side, sulking as he purposely avoided your disappointed stare.

"I'm also part of Ramshackle. Hence, I believe this fully concerns me, as well." You crossed your arms once more and scoffed to then cut the chase, wishing to go straight to the point.

"Go ahead. I want to hear the rest of the consequences of the contract. Or any other condition we should know of." You announced straightforwardly, turning back toward the housewarden and speaking in a cold and demanding tone. One that the trio surely wasn't used to hear from you.

"Y-you-... Ahem. So, how... how much did you hear?" Azul tried to pull himself together, feeling his body shaking but doing his best to cover it with a calm facade.

"What if Yuu doesn't respect the contract? What then?" You questioned flatly, tilting your head slightly to the side.

"The dorm will then be my property and well- I was about to add that they would permanently become part of Octavinelle house." The silver haired boy's eyes were frenetic and he couldn't help but get frustrated at himself for his lack of composure.

"Oh?" You raised a brow, meanwhile the dark blonde appeared both unsettled and confused as they stared at their lap.

"What would you even get out of me joinin-?" They began muttering in an agitated tone before suddenly cutting mid-sentence and staring up at you in realization, the neatly dressed vice stepping forward right as they did.

"As their mentor, that would make it so you'd have to transfer as well." The latter spoke straightforwardly, in a low tone and wearing a soft smile that you knew all too well. Despite his perfectly unbothered look, he was tremendously tense.

"Wouldn't that be a better option than simply continuing to reside in that rundown structure? That is sure to be favorable for all three of you." The neatly dressed twin said while gesturing to the two students sharing a school seat, but his mismatched eyes did their best to remain on you.

"Yeah, Shrimpy! 'Zul can do his business enlargement or whatevs and ya can come stay here with us!" Floyd backed up his brother, also moving forward and attempting to come closer to you as he sulked.

"Grrr..." The wolf beastman growled threateningly and used his arm to divide you from the moody eel, blocking the latter's advancing while assuming a protective stance.

You quietly glanced at the Savanaclaw freshman and gently rested your hand on his wrist that stood in front of you, wordlessly letting him know that there was no need for that.

The yellow eyed first year begrudgingly obligated and slowly lowered his arm, his ears flattening to the sides of his head, as well. But he still remained put.

The more childish, tall sophomore frowned in frustration when seeing that. "I don't give a damn about the restaurant business. We just want ya with us, ya know? What's so wrong with that?" He grumbled, sounding like a child throwing a tantrum as he brusquely remarked.