Chapter 26 - Introducing

"Boy, that guy is not a fast learner." Deuce shook his head in disappointment while looking at Grim running through the yard. Ace whistled before showing a cocky smirk

"Not a good look to lose your only student on your first day as prefect. Want help catching him?" He then offered the magicless prefect, the same expression still on.

Yuu didn't move an inch, their hands still holding the windowsill, as they merely looked at the ginger by the corner of their eye.

"Um- I do love the chocolate croissants at the co-op." Ace was momentarily taken aback by their glare but quickly recovered, a cheeky smile on his face.

"I'd do it for an iced latte at the cafeteria." And the blue haired boy just added to it.

"You do know that they don't have any money and most likely don't even know our currency, right?" You asked the two with a sigh and a pained smile, already about to make your way to the courtyard, so to catch that tiny rascal.

"Oh-. Um, well-" Ace didn't get to finish as everyone assumed a surprised expression. Immediately turning to Yuu when you all noticed them putting a foot on the windowsill.

"Whoa-! What are you doing?!" Deuce panicked and hastily gestured for them to get down.

"Grim!" The spotted skinned fellow ignored your reactions and called out to the grey monster as they climbed the opening and pushed themselves out with a quick motion.

"Oh Seven!" You and the two remaining freshmen gasped as you saw the magicless prefect land on the lawn below them with a forward roll, successfully softening their landing. Fortunately it wasn't that tall of a fall.

They were quick to get back on their feet and sprint toward the flabbergasted creature, who had stopped in his track after seeing that same scene. You suddenly rethought back to the ceremony and the way they evaded the fire.

"F-fuhnya!" After a moment of shock, Grim scurried away as Yuu easily made their way through the students.

"Grim, just stop it there!" You ordered loudly while partly leaning out the window.

For some reason, at the sound of your voice, the small creature's body stiffened and his rear paws pinned themselves on the ground. He ended up leaning on his frontal ones as well, so to not plant face down on the grass.

"Stop it there."

You didn't take notice of the seashell laying on your chest, that seemed to... throb? Once. Nor you heard what appeared to be a slight echo.

The cat-like creature snapped out of that confusing state and immediately attempted to escape, only for the dark blonde prefect to reach out and grab him by his bow.

"Got you." They stated with a slightly angry-sounding tone while lifting him up.

"Myah!?"

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"That was... something." Deuce let out a shocked breath as you all walked through the halls.

"I've had it with these boring classes! Let me go!" The fiery creature thrashed in the magicless student's grip a he complained.

"It just means you'll never become a great mage!" They sourly answered, silencing the beast who just grunted in displeasure.

"Sigh, I'm glad we got Grim back... but, Yuu." You sighed and turned to the dual skinned prefect.

"Do refrain from doing something like that, next time. Yeah?" Your smile was still a little incredulous as you referred to that sudden stunt they pulled.