Chapter 59 - Damn it all

HAPPY NEW YEAR!~☆

We're really closing/starting the year with quite the chapter.

Be safe and have a good reading!
Once again, feel free to leave questions, curiosities or requests for the after-arc chapter. ^^

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"Ironic, ain't it? Nothin' the savanna hates more than a drought." Leona spoke in an ironic and low tone, letting the small grains slip through his fingers as he walked closer to his dorm mates.

"Yet its prince's magic desiccates everything- reduces it to sand." The half lion spat out, then suddenly grabbed Ruggie's arm, yanking the boy to him.

The latter gasped and widened his eyes, suddenly overcome by pain. "B-boss... It hurts...!" He pleaded, desperately trying to pull away from his housewarden's grip to no avail.

"Bucchi-senpai's arm! The skin is cracking!" Deuce exclaimed in horror and bewilderment.

"Your spell can legit dry out a HUMAN BEING?!" Ace yelled out incredulously as he still attempted to protect his eyes from the sand storm befalling you all.

"Leona, I cannot allow this to continue! Off With Your Head!" Riddle announced firmly before casting his signature spell, which unfortunately didn't make it to the target.

"Myah?! Riddle's collar bounced right off!" The fiery creature screeched nervously when the redhead's magic seemed to be repulsed by some sort of defensive barrier.

"Maybe you're some kinda prodigy, kid, but don't go thinkin' you're smarter than your elders. I aced my protective magic classes in my sleep." The green eyed beastman spoke in a low and confident tone, staring right at his fellow housewarden with a look of superiority.

"Tch!" The Heartslabyul sophomore frowned in frustration and squinted his eyes as the sand picked up.

"Hah! How do you like that, Ruggie? Does it hurt? Is your mouth too dry to keep licking my boots? That was your finest talent, too." The dark skinned junior taunted cruelly, pulling the smaller boy's arm and forcing it up as its owner's body heavily weighted down, slumping partly on the dried up ground.

"Ngh... G-gaah..." Only incoherent laments left the half hyena's mouth.

"If we don't stop him, Ruggie's gonna...!" Jack's ears tensed alongside his tail and body as he seemed ready to jump in at any given moment.

"Kingscholar, that's way too far! Let g- ugh..." You forced a yell but the dry air as well as the strangly familiar weight restricting your chest made you lose your words.

"That guy ain't gonna listen to you! And you don't wanna mess up because you couldn't aim." The red eyed ginger, who was still by your side, helping you up, tightened his hold on you as a warning when he saw you attempting to grip your magical pen with a shaky hand.

"Ruggie is going to die this way, we have to stop him somehow!" Yuu called out to everyone around and picked up Grim, covering his eyes with their arm. They thought about asking the latter to use his fire but the risk of hitting the half hyena as well was too high.

"What's gotten into you, Boss?!" A Savanaclaw student with blonde hair and tanned skin clenched his fists and bared his teeth.

"If we gotta beat some sense back into ya then we're ain't afraid to do it!" Another scholar, with dark hair, didn't let the magic collar on his neck stop him as he slammed his fist into his palm.

Some of the students' dorm mates got hyped up and all went into action as the others warned against that.

"You're all utter fools." Leona says with a look that almost appeared bored, clenching the poor second year's arm tighter and urging some pained whines.