Chapter 25 - Small facts

The group of freshmen managed to get into class just at the right time, which left you wondering on what must had kept them for so long.

They all panted while taking their seats and Crewel stood from behind his desk, looking over the students before speaking up.

"You must be my new homeroom students." He started off before humming.

"Hm, that's quite the unusual coat of fur... Do make sure that you arrive properly groomed." The man continued and what he said kind of left you stunned. Yuu seemed to think it alike, since they blinked confusedly.

"My name is Divus Crewel. You may call me Master Crewel and I teach potionoligy and chemistry. This one beside me is a marine biologist, professor-" The dual haired man introduced himself and then gestured to you, who said your own name and smiled at the students.

"It's nice to meet you. I'll be following your class for this school's year. I'll also be handling an extra course that will permit you to gather credits." You said calmly and Crewel nodded from beside you.

"You can see the details on the bulletin board in the cafeteria. But now that we have that covered, take your seats. Class is about to begin. We're going to start with the basics..." He grinned almost evilly while looking at the poor students.

"And by that, I mean beating the names and distinguishing characteristics of one hundred herbs and poisons into your tiny brains." He said, casually insulting them.

"The mycelia are another matter, But eventually, I'm hopeful you'll be able to take a walk without putting anything poisonous into your gaping maws."

"For now, I realize you have all the self-control of voracious hounds." You're pretty sure you saw the magicless prefect giving a look to Grim.

"But I will not abide a single student failing this class. Expect to be drilled accordingly." The potionology teacher slapped his pointer onto his palm as the various freshmen, dressed in lab coats, gathered in groups.

"Huh. So...does anyone know what a mycelia is?" Deuce asked unsurely.

"I've never been one for like, memorizing what things are, ya know?" Ace commented in defeat and Grim crossed his arms with an uninterested sulk.

"All I care about is how to tell the yummy plants from the yucky ones." The beast said and Yuu sighed.

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

Second period was "History of magic". Unfortunately, it seemed like everyone found it a little difficult to follow through with the explanation...

"I am your History of Magic teacher, Mozus Trein. And this is my familiar, Lucius." The older man spoke as he held the dark grey cat in his arms.

"You are here to learn the rich history of magic, and how it has sculpted the world which you now so easily take for granted." He spoke strictly and the chubby feline made his presence known by meowing loudly.

"Mrrrrooowww..."

"I grade based on classroom behavior as well as the quality of work. Don't let me catch you sleeping." The grey haired professor narrowed his eyes at the students and you saw Yuu nudging a slumped Grim.

"Now, let us open our books to page fifteen. This section concerns the magestones discovered in the Dwarfs' Mine..." Oh, what a coincidence.

"Mrrrrooowww..."

The man proceeded by explaining everything from the start of the Magic Era with a really plain tone, which seemed to make many students feel sleepy.

At some point, even Lucius yawned widely, causing Ace to do the same.