Chapter 24 - Morning trip

You got woken up by a sudden pounding on the door. Slightly jumping awake, you blinked quickly and glanced around. Only then it came back to mind that you had fallen asleep on the couch, some hours before.

Sluggishly rubbing over your eyes with the back of your hands, you slowly stood up, feeling a worn out blanket fall off your legs.

You looked at it, confused, and picked it up. While tilting your head, you heard a faint but fat laugh which echoed through the large room. You immediately recognized it as one of the ghosts'.

You chuckled lowly and laid it back on the couch before turning to the door, that was still receiving strong knocks.

While you did, you heard Ace, Yuu and Grim coming downstairs as the ginger and the animal loudly complained about the ruckus.

Opening the door, you swatted your hand in the air, trying to get the dust from getting into your mouth. "You really shouldn't be thumping that hard, all the dust is raising up, dear." You said while opening the door, seeing Deuce at the edge.

"Ah, professor! I-I'm sorry! I was merely searching for my dorm mate-" He quickly bowed his head and when he raised his gaze once again he saw the infamous Ace from over your shoulder, stopping mid-sentence to look at the latter in disappointment.

"I figured I'd find you here." He deadpanned as you stepped aside to let him walk in. He gave an embarrassed nod before strolling to the ginger, who cursed under his breath and avoided eye contact.

"So, you ate the housewarden's tart... You really are an idiot, Ace." The boy with the spade under his eye sighed and shook his head.

"Oh, shut up! Like you're one to talk! Anyway, uh... Is he still mad?" The other retorted sharply before lowering his tone and crossing his arms.

"Not at all. Maybe a touch irritated, if anything. A few of our dormmates overslept this morning..." Deuce spoke as Yuu walked over with Grim in their arms.

You and latter exchanged a soft "good morning" before going back to the discussion at hand.

"But only three of 'em got your same treatment." The blue haired boy concluded, making his dorm mate flinch.

"You call that "not at all" mad?! Sounds like he's still on the rampage, to me." The ginger breathed out in shock.

You sighed softly and spoke to the latter and the Ramshackle prefect: "Sigh... You'd better apologize soon, then. Yuu, you should've found a school uniform in your room, yes?" You asked with a faint smile and the magicless human nodded quietly.

"It was right in front of the mirror, on the wooden drawer." They answer.

"Well, let's get ready and head to Heartslabyul, yeah?"

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"You look fine, Yuu! Ahah, no need to be shy." You chuckled as the young fellow rubbed their arm in embarrassment.

"Yeah, you're actually a Night Raven student now!" Deuce encouraged as well while Ace rolled his eyes with an impatient frown.

At the boy's words, Grim suddenly seemed to wake up and grinned brightly. "Myah-ah! Yes indeed. Me and my hench-human are students now!" He announced with his paws on his hips and proudly puffed his chest.

 Me and my hench-human are students now!" He announced with his paws on his hips and proudly puffed his chest