Chapter 36 - Brutally honest

In the Heartslabyul lounge...

"The Queen of Hearts's rule 249: Flamingo caretakers are to don pink attire."

"It was supposed to be your turn to feed the flamingos today. Why aren't you wearing pink?" Riddle spoke firmly as his eyes stayed on the nervous looking students in front of him.

"I'm sorry, Housewarden. My pink clothes were in the laundry... Please, sir, not the collar!" The blonde student implored in a trembling voice, bowing his head.

"This is your second rule violation. I cannot forgive a repeated offense." The redhead housewarden's brows furrowed angrily before he swiftly took his magical pen out.

"Off With Your Head!"

"Gaaaaaaah!" And just like that, in an instant, a metal collar appeared on the student's neck, causing the latter to let out a pained groan as his eyes turned teary.

"Write me a 5,000-word apology and weed the garden for one week, then I'll remove it." The sophomore dorm leader didn't look at all fazed as he crossed his arms and spoke plainly.

"Sob... But..." The blonde boy choked a sob as he held onto the heavy heart-shaped collar around his neck.

"Do you think I enjoy having to do this?! You're the one who broke the rules!" The shorter housewarden almost seemed to sulk as he complained.

"As much as I would like to, I cannot ignore these infractions. It's for your own sake. Understood?" He continued in that same tone, truly believing he was doing the student a favor by enhancing such harsh punishments.

"Trey? Cater? Remove him from the premises." Riddle then gestured toward the two juniors, un-crossing his arms and closing his eyes.

"...Yes, Housewarden." Was the only answer.

Drip... drip... drip...

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

You quietly sat down on one of the chairs in the library when you felt a dizzy sensation overcoming you for the second time today. You thought to yourself that you should really get some sort of painkiller for these fleeting headaches that you've been having lately.

After readjusting your senses, you looked up and got a glimpse of the person you and the rest of your group had come here for: Trey.

The latter was walking toward the cooking section of the library as he held a familiar recipe book his hands.

You stood up and walked up to him alongside the first years.

"Hello, Clover-senpai." Deuce spoke calmly as he stopped in front of the junior, who had just put his book on its rightful place of the shelf.

"You four... and the professor as well." He didn't look particularly surprised as he turned to you and the freshmen.

"We figured that if we waited at the library, you'd show up to return your tart cookbook eventually." The blue haired boy calmly explained while putting an hand on his hip.

"We still got a problem with the way Housewarden Riddle is handling all of this." Ace stepped forward and glared at the green haired upperclassman while scrunching his nose.

"Yeah, I thought you might say that." Trey sighed and closed his eyes as he held his temple.

"Come clean with us. What's your take on Riddle?" The ginger asked firmly while narrowing his eyes.