Chapter 66 - Harsh truth

To make both y'all and myself happy, this chapter is a tad longer than usual~.

Happy reading and thank you for all the hype! ^^

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"Geez, what a bunch of wimps. They're barely worth squeezing." Floyd huffed in boredom, looking almost offended by the lack of 'fun'.

The fight was pure chaos. You, Jack and the magicless fellow had stayed in the back, making sure you wouldn't be seen by any of the Octavinelle trio.

You'd occasionally throw in some defensive magic to avoid some students getting badly injured. The half wolf also made sure to keep you and the dark blonde safe from any swerving attacks.

More than once you had almost been hit, if not for the tall beastman. Your mind was pretty much elsewhere...

"It's like a whole school of feeble small fries." Azul scoffed uncaringly as the last few students collapsed from exhaustion.

"How many kinds of magic can this Azul guy bust out?! I call shenanigans!" Ace screamed frustratedly between pants as he sat on the ground, leaning heavily on his palms to keep himself seated up.

"Did Azul's golden contracts deflect all of your attacks?" Jack pointed out incredulously as he eyed the papers casually laid on the table beside rhe octo-mer, now stepping to be more in sight.

"Argh. This is just showing me how hard I lean on my specialty normally..." Deuce slumped sadly by his ginger dorm mate.

"Without his fire magic, Grim's nothing more than your garden-variety weasel." Said Heartslabyul student hung his head wearily, moving his ever-so-messy hair away from his face.

"Myah... I ain't a- weasel..." The fiery beast weakly retorted as he flopped down with a small thud.

"You have all signed these golden contracts. An official contract is completely unbreakable, regardless of how many bodies you throw at it." Azul spoke clearly to all the breathless students, casually presenting one of the bright yellow papers to them.

"No magic can harm this document in any way. Heh heh heh..." The silver haired sophomore gloated with a grin.

"As long as the sea anemones stay on your heads, you will have no choice but to follow my orders." He said smugly and with amusement, tapping the pile of sheets with the one he had in hand before calmly setting the contract down.

"Why don't you start by cleaning up the lounge? You can handle ingredient prep work afterward." Azul said with a bright smile, making his 'friendly suggestion', which was nothing short of an order.

"Go on, now. On your feet and get to work!" He then instructed firmly, dropping his act and glaring at the scholars.

"Is this for real...?" Ace mumbled desperately as he forced himself up.

Yuu gestured you toward the exit of lounge, and when seeing your hesitation, they put up a reassuring smile, giving you one last push before turning back toward the scene.

"Jade. Floyd. You're in charge of instructing the new staff." Azul casually directed as he gathered his stuff to walk away.

"Yes, sir."

"Yessir!"

You were looking from afar at one twin, then the other and the octo-mer in turn, hands slightly shaky.

"You're... Jack Howl from Savanaclaw Dorm. And you're Yuu from... Ramshackle Dorm, that I'm sure." The Octavinelle housewarden adjusted his glasses as he walked a bit closer to the two. His eyes staying on the magicless prefect for just a bit longer than needed.