Chapter 49 - Get well soon

"Yo, man, how's it going?" Ace asked as you all slowly entered Trey's dorm room, after knocking.

"How are you feeling, Clover-senpai?" Deuce stepped immediately after the ginger, you and the magicless prefect right behind them.

"We came all this way just to see your sorry face. It's cool- don't get up." Grim had walked at the front with a wide grin, swatting his paw in a self-important manner.

"Stop it." Yuu promptly picked him up after a quiet whisper.

"We heard you were hurt from Deuce." You said with a sympathetic smile, coming up beside the injured junior and sitting beside his bed.

"Well, if it isn't Hunting Season! Teach', Grim and Yuu too! You're rolling deep today." Cater, who was already in the room when you came in, said with amusement, waving his hand.

"Hey, Cater... I'm lost. Whaddaya mean by "Hunting Season"?" The red eyed freshman unsurely greeted back before raising a brow.

"I mean, it's you guys! You're Ace, he's Deuce- that's what you call an Ace Deuce in poker!" The older ginger casually explained with a grin.

"Both of their names also finish with "ce"... "Adeuce" duo..." The spotted skinned fellow mumbled to themselves and you chuckled.

"Don't give us couple nicknames!" The blue haired first year crossed his arms and frowned angrily.

"Riiight... Anyway, how d'you feel, Trey? And how'd you get hurt?" Ace glanced at his year mate with a grimace and slowly took a step away, then going back to the subject at hand.

"Slipped on the stairs." The questioned third year crossed his arms with a small smile and heavily leaned back on the bed's headboard.

"I couldn't catch myself, and my ankle got all messed up. I'll be on crutches for a while." He then sighed and adjusted his glasses, showing a bit of disappointment.

"Yikes. That sounds pretty bad!" Deuce exclaimed, staring at the cast on the junior's leg.

"Yep. Looks like I'll be warming the bench at the Spelldrive tournament this year." Trey shrugged in resignation.

"Myah... I was hopin' your injury would be small enough for me to justify keepin' this, but... Here." Grim made a show of sighing and shaking his head before hopping out of Yuu's arms and lifting his paw in your direction, making you chuckle.

"There you go." You smiled in amusement as you took out of your bag a little something that the small beast had given you before leaving the dorm, since he didn't have where to put it.

The latter grabbed it from your hand and then jumped on the young man's bed, offering the gift. "I brought ya a get-well can of tuna... Feel better, specs." The fiery creature said, looking the other way with his chin high before glancing back at the third year.

"Heh. Thanks." The green haired junior suppressed a small snort and set the can on his bedside table.

"Ugh, hashtag #fail! Now that we've lost a power player, we have to redo our team roster!" His ginger year mate sighed dramatically, twirling a lock of his hair around his finger. His words, although meant as a complaint, actually urged a different reaction from the Adeuce duo.

"Wait, what?!" The two exclaimed, wearing wide grins on both their faces. In that moment, the door's handle behind you clicked, getting pushed down.

"Why are there so many people in here? Trey is supposed to be resting!" Riddle suddenly came in, furrowing his brows just slightly as he glanced around the crowded room.

"Myah! It's ragin' Riddle!" The cat-like beast exclaimed while jumping a bit.

You shook your head with a quiet chuckle and put an hand over the redhead's shoulder, who glanced at you before crossing his arms and closing his eyes.