Chapter Two

A/N Hey guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR! 🎉🎊Here is a little treat, a NEW(T) YEARS story! haha you get me there... oh that was a bad joke. 

It's a bit of a longer chapter so hang on for a ride and sorry if this is a boring chapter I really tried. I know it's only chapter two but still! Love you guys hope you guys enjoy.

Annie's POV

"So, what exactly do you do?" I asked Newt. We were walking towards what looked like a garden area and I knew exactly what Newt did but I couldn't tell them.

"I work in the garden, I'm a Track-Hoe,"

"A what?" I asked knowing exactly what it was.

"It's just a name we call people who work in the gardens,"

"oh," I studied his figure and movements as we walk. He was a little taller than me so about 5'9 since I was 5' 8 and ½. Yes, very specific I know and very tall for a girl. His blond hair waved in the wind and had a long stride but was going slower for me to look around as Greenie's had never seen the Glade before.

Then it dawned on me, he didn't have a limp. His strides were clean and straight there was no limp or crook. He hadn't tried taking his life yet. There was no way to change Newt's thoughts once he'd set his mind on something but I would do my best.

No, you can't change that, I thought, You can't change the storyline. It just won't be the same, he won't be the same.

I couldn't change things, I had to let them happen because if I didn't it would change the storyline and I couldn't change the storyline.

"How did you know Alby and Gally's names?" Newt accented voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"I- uh I don't know," I said. I couldn't tell the truth I just had to come up with something, "the names just popped up in my mind," Ok that wasn't that bad, I mean it was the truth. Whenever I saw them the names popped up and I knew exactly who they were.

"And how did you remember your name so quickly? It usually takes greenies hours or even days to remember their name." He continued, "It took me a while when I first got into the maze."

"I mean it didn't take you that long, only 3 hours," I realized what I said and shut my mouth, my eyes wide.

He spun around and stared at me. "Who the shuck are you? How did you know that?" He asked a little angry. The only time I saw him angry was when the Flare took over in The Death Cure and he let loose on Thomas.

"I-"

He saw the look of overwhelming on my face and took a deep breath, "I'm sorry," he said gently, "Did you know my name before Alby introduced me,"

"Yes," I said after some hesitation, "I did,"

"Do you work for the creators?"

"The creators of this place?" I asked but knew the answer.

"Yes,"

"No,"

"No?"

"Yes, no"

"What?"

"What, what?"

"HUh?"

"NO, I am not a creator of this place," I finally got across, "James Dashner did it all," I mumbled that last part.

"What did you say?" he said

"Nothing," He gave me a confused glare but finally turned and started walking towards the gardens again.