Chapter Three

A/N so I decided to just do memes for TBS (Thomas Brodie-Sangster) There might be occasional pictures just bc he's hot. hehe

Also here is another long chapter I hope you guys like this because it took me a long time to write this!

I guess they hadn't thought of sleeping arrangements because here I was in a meeting with the Keepers about where I was going to live and what I would do about bathrooms and showers since I was the only girl.

"She can't stay in a place where there are tons of boys so she can't stay in the hammocks," Newt pointed out, "there are too many boys around and a lot of them we don't know if we can trust with her."

"You're talking about me like I'm an object and if they handle me to hard then I might shatter," I said proudly.

"Hey," Gally spoke up angrily, "Number one rule in here is that you don't talk unless you're talked to!"

"Yo, Gally chill she's new she doesn't know anything,"

"Except the fact that she knows everything and probably stuff that even we don't know about!"

"Well," Newt paused and looked at me, "there's that." He said slowly. I chuckled a bit and everyone turned to look at me.

"Okay look we're getting off track," I said.

"You-"

Gally started but Alby cut him off, "She's right" He said, "We got way off track, we're trying to figure out where she's going to sleep."

"She can't have a room of her own because we don't have enough rooms for that," Ben explained.

"I'd suggest that she could just stay with one of us because we can trust each other and she will be safe," he said thoughtfully.

"She ain't staying with me," Gally spat out.

"I wouldn't want to stay with you anyway,"

"She should be put in the Slammer!" Gally yelled.

Alby called down the angry eyebrow boy and Newt gave me a look, "Please. Annie. Stop." Newt said with a pause between each word. I reluctantly nodded and he turned back to the 'council'.

"Look, if you're so intent on keeping her safe why doesn't she stay with you, huh?" Gally said, "you can keep watch over the bathroom while she's taking a klunk. Don't have us do the dirty work when you are the one that obviously wants to keep her safe. Besides you are one of the only people that isn't already sharing a room with someone so you have the room."

I had to admit it was a good idea, I was comfortable with Newt and I knew from the books and from his character that he would take care of me.

"I- that would work," Newt said after a moment, "Annie should have a say on who she wants to stay with, it's only fair."

Everyone's heads turned towards mine, "Oh so what, I'm allowed to speak now and not get yelled at?" I said.

I sighed, "It would be fine to room with Newt," I paused, "I would be fine to room with anyone except eyebrow boy over here or Ben." I heard Newt chuckle and a few others joined along.

I knew Ben was a nice guy but I didn't want to be around when it happened and have to rearrange this all again and I knew Gally wouldn't be too happy about that.

"Yeah so she can room with me then that would be fine, I'll keep guard when she goes to the bathrooms and she'll have tons of privacy. I'll keep her safe,"

"I can take care of myself," I said before remembering the rules, "sorry."

"It's alright," Newt said, "I think this meeting is over," Alby nodded and the boys started piling out. Newt stayed standing in the same place but turned to me, "well come on then."

Newt led me out of the large hut and over to his own small hut. He pushed the curtain aside and went through the doorway holding the curtain aside like a gentleman for me, "Thank you," I said and walked through the door frame. It was a small circular room with one cot and a couple crates of toiletries and clothes.

"We can bring in another cot, um there were some items that came up in the Box we have no idea what they are so you can have them I guess." He pointed towards a crate with some clothes, "I'll go get another cot."

I nodded and he left the room. I knelt down to look through the crate, the top was just filled with a blanket and clothing. As I continued to look in the crate I found a box that made me take a deep breath. I grabbed the box out and took a look at it, tampons and pads.

Well at least they have the decency to not let me bleed through my pants every month. I thought to myself.

Newt came back into the room holding one the edge of a cot while Minho was holding the other end. I shoved the box of tampons and pads under some clothes and stood up. After they sat the cot on the opposite side of the room from Newt's bed Minho left the room to let us get settled.

I put the blanket on the cot and Newt threw me a pillow-like thing for my head. I flopped on the cot and face planted into the pillow-thing.

"You alright there mate?"

"It's been a long day" I mumbled through the pillow-thing.

"It's always hard the first day, Annie." He replied.

"There's something I don't understand," I sat up and flipped my body around so I was facing the ceiling.

"And what's that?" He asked. I saw him take off his shoes and put them next to a crate.

"All the other boys call me greenie, and I know why," I watched him nod like he knew what I was about to say. He was still sitting upright on his cot waiting for me to finish, "but you call me Annie,"

"Well it's your name itnit?" He said with that British accent.

"Yeah," I paused, "I guess"

"I'm gonna try and sleep now," he said as I nodded and pulled the blanket half over my body.

"Night Newt," I said then chuckled, "haha night newt"

"Ha ha" he said sarcastically but I could tell he was actually laughing, "G'night greenie,"

____________

Is there a song that I missed that could work for this chapter? Let me know------------>

I don't really have much to say here except thanks for reading! Vote and comment! Don't be a silent reader!

Word Count: 1083

First Updated: 01/08/23- 12:54- reupdated

Last Updated: 3/4/23- (adding the banner)