Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N Hey guys took a little bit to update but I hope that's okay. Also this is a bit of a shorter chapter but I hope that's okay. Enjoy!

ALSO ADORABLE MEME. He's so cute. He's a child😍 I love him.

Well if you haven't noticed SHANK made it TO 1K VIEWSS!!!!!! Thankk you guys so much for your support and reading!!! I really appreciate you all so much! <33

Now onto the chapter!

Annie's POV

The boys slowly dispersed and it was just Newt, Lindsey, Gally, Alby and I still standing there.

"Minho should be back too," Alby spoke, "Who wants to tell him?"

"Well I'm certainly not," Gally said then immediately stalked off taking Lindsey with him.

"Okay, two down," Newt spoke in his accent. "Annie, I don't care who tells him."

"How about," I thought for a moment, "whoever sees him first or whatever,"

"Yeah that's fine." Newt agreed.

"Thanks you two," Alby said, "I'll see you guys later, I got to get back."

"Alright later Alby." Newt said, waving bye.

"Bye Alby."

"See ya guys." Alby nodded then walked past us and away. I turned my head to watch him leave then turned back to Newt. The two of us both turned to the side and went over to the Box to get Teresa.

"Who do you think she is?" Newt asked me as we walked.

"I would like to know," I said. Once he figures out her name he's going to be very suspicious of me because I said her name earlier.

"So this isn't like one of your things that you remember and you know?"

"No, it's not."

"If I find out you're lying-" He stops and looks at me.

"Nope," I say. "I'm not."

"Okay," he said but didn't sound like he believed me, which I wouldn't believe me either.

I got on my knees and dropped into the Box to get the brunette girl. Newt followed me into the Box.

"Where do you want to take her?" Newt asked once he picked her up. I would have picked her myself but she was a little too heavy for my strength. Not that I'm not strong, don't get me wrong I am.

"We can take her to our hut," I suggested, "I think it's fair that she's in a girls hut, even if you share it with me."

"Technically it was my hut first," he said and got out of the Box. I made my way out of the hut with him and.

"Yeah yeah," The two of us started walking towards me and Newt's hut. "We need to have someone keep watch over her,"

"What do you mean?" he asked me.

"I don't want her to-" I took a deep breath, "I don't want– her to deal with that thing that I did when I first got here." I spoke hesitantly.

"What?" He asked obviously and looked at me.

"I don't want another guy to be like Jack, there was already an incident with Lindsey. I don't want it to happen to Te-." I quickly spoke then shut myself up realizing what I almost said.

"To– who?"

"To her," I said quietly.

"I'm sorry," He said softly, "I know what happened with Jack is a touchy subject, I should have known."

"You always did blame yourself for what happened." I looked over at the British boy. He was staring straight forward as we walked to our hut. "It wasn't your fault, you shouldn't be blaming yourself."

"But if I didn't listen to you it would never have happened." he argued, still not looking at me.

"Stop," I said and that got him to look at me, "You guys made the right decision and banished him, there was nothing else you could have done."

"But if I had just-"

"Stop with the if's," I lectured, "what happened, happened besides it was a long time ago."

We continued to walk for a few more steps before we reached the hut. Newt limped inside with Teresa and laid her on my cot.

"Hi guys," A little voice squeaked from the doorway.

"Hey Chuck," I said, "You know, perfect timing."

"Do you guys need anything,"

"I don't-" Newt started but I cut him off,

"Actually yes," I looked at Newt and he cocked his head in confusion. It was so cute the way he did it.

"We do?"

"Yeah," I said and turned back to the chubby boy in the doorway. "Can you help me with something? It might be a little boring."

"Eh, my job is already pretty boring, it couldn't get any worse." Chuck chuckled lightly, with a smile.

How is he so smiley all the time, I thought. He's always in a good mood around others, he doesn't let anyone see his struggles. I mean I feel like we're all like that. We all hide what we feel and don't let others see the pain.

"Can ya watch the Greenie and let me- us know if she wakes up?" I asked.

"Yeah!" Chuck said. "Sure."

"Thanks Chuck, that's really helpful," I walked towards him and ruffled his hair. He reminded me of my brother Mark, Jack was too young to remind me of him, he was 1. At least he was. I don't know how old he was anymore. They had the same hair color and they acted the same-ish. I missed my brother a lot.

Oh Mark.

A/N

Hey so quick announcement please don't skip over:

I have opened a cover shop book so if you would like to give it a go to see if my creativeness is 'good enough' for you, to see if there's anything you would want a cover created for! The books have to be at least somewhat published for me to consider making a cover for you. Thanks that's all!

Also what about Mark? Do you think he is going to come up again?

Have a beautiful day!<33

Word Count: 1002

Last Updated: 3/6/23- 11:15  AM