Chapter Fourteen

A/N 

Double Update!! Update 1/2. Second one should be out shortly!

This chapter is honestly really sad and it's sad because this meme is funny but it is also sad because it actually kind of relates to the chapter.

This song is the Cafe version of a song, but I actually enjoyed this version of the song so I hope you do too!

Song: Numb Little Bug- Em Beihold (Cafe Version)

Annie's POV

Lunch rolled around and I was starving. We had finished the treehouse and I was exhausted. Newt and I made small talk on our way to the Mess Hall but it never went anywhere. As soon as I walked into the Mess Hall, Daniel and Chuck came running towards me with the guitar in hand.

"Can you play another song?" Daniel asked.

At the same time Chuck said, "It's been forever since you sang."

I chuckled and took the guitar from their hand looking over at Newt. He smiled slightly and nodded.

I sat down in my usual spot and thought about a song to sing.

Play Song Here:

"I don't feel a single thing

Have the pills done too much

Haven't caught up with my friends in weeks

And now we're out of touch"

I looked up at Newt. He was standing at the back of the room with his arms folded across his chest. He was watching me this time with a glint in his eye and a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"I've been driving in L.A.

And the world it feels too big

Like a floating ball that's bound to break

Snap my psyche like a twig"

I was going to ask him why he was ignoring me. And if he didn't say I would force a response out of him. I had to get it.

"And I just wanna see if you feel the same as me"

I wanted to see if he felt that same way about me that I did to him. He said he did but I wanted to see the extent he did, did he just have a crush on me, or did he full on like me?

"Do you ever get a little bit tired of life

Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die

Like you're hanging by a thread by you gotta survive

'Cause you gotta survive

Like your body's in the room but you're not really there

Like you have empathy inside but you don't really care

Like you're fresh outta love but it's been in the air

Am I past repair"

I remembered the times in middle school and freshman year of high school where I would fall asleep to this song. Crying myself to sleep to this song. It meant a lot to me in those times and I'm sure it resonated with some of the boys here.