Chapter Thirty

A/N 

(edited) Lmao kill me i forgot to put a meme so here it is. 

Hey guys here's another update. Took a bit of time to write this. Some people (ahem isabella) were saying that they need for Annie and Newt action well here ya go.

Annie's POV

Newt and I walked out of the main hut and saw that Gally was shoving, and I mean shoving, Thomas into the pit. He made a very big scene of doing so and did it in a dramatic way.

That boy, I thought, Always has to make everything either about him or just dramatic.

A couple boys stood by watching as Gally put him in the pit then shut the door barricading it so Thomas couldn't get out. Like he would try to escape anyway.

"Hey Annie!" I turned around to see Lindsey walking up to me.

"Hey slinthead, can you tell your boyfriend to cool his butt."

"Gally wouldn't listen, not even to me. He would just tell me that he got what he deserved." Lindsey said.

"I think he did deserve a night in the pit but not the rough around getting there,"

"Yeah, i guess- Hey wait did you say 'my boyfriend'?"

"Um," I frowned while smiling at the same time. "Maybe?"

"We're not boyfriend/ girlfriend." she said

"But you guys are like together,"

"I guess, we're not dating though," She shrugged her shoulders.

"So you admit that you guys are together." I said, raising my eyebrows.

"What, no?"

"Yes,"

"No,"

"Yes,"

"No, we're not,"

"Yes you are," A voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Newt hovering over me with something in his hands.

"What's that?" I asked him, gesturing to the object in his fist.

"It's nothing, just something I found," He shoved it in his pocket.

"You don't just find things in the Glade, everything we have here is from WCKD or brought up in the Box every month,"

"That's not the point," he said, "I personally thought you and Gally were like madly in love or something."

"What?" She said, widening her eyes, "No!"

"Really? Should I ask the boy himself?" I pointed behind me in the direction of where I last saw Gally.

"Um-"

"No, he'll probably deny it more than Lindsey," Newt said and pushed my hand down, lowering it.

"Oh, well that's true." I said and nodded my head.

"Well, I don't care what you say, you two are together."

"No, we're not."

"We'll see about that."

____

I was walking along the woods heading towards the Pit to talk to Thomas. It was walking with Newt. I had wanted to talk to Thomas alone but I didn't mind the company of getting to the Pit. It was very dark and the trees made it more eerie with them casting dark shadows from the moon's light. I looked up at the sky and wondered if it was artificial, made for the Maze, or if it was real and if Ava Paige looked up she would see the same thing that I could see.