Chapter Sixteen

A/N There is no meme for this one and this is a good song to listen to while reading this chapter. The song and chapter are not the same length just letting you know. Thank you.

Annie's POV

Song: Baby Don't Cut by Bmike

"Hey, have you guys seen Newt?" I asked, walking up to the boys.

"Yeah last I saw he went to get a cup of water." One of the boys replied.

"Thanks Dan, I'll check the kitchen." I walked off to the kitchen and went around the back to the water trough. He wasn't there.

Hmm interesting, I thought. I heard rustling from inside the kitchen. I peaked my head around the corner and saw Newt with his back facing me.

"Hey Newt," I said. He jumps and turns around putting his left hand behind his back.

"What were you doing?" I asked him suspiciously, "the boys said you were getting.. water."

My words slowed as I saw leaves with a red tint on the ground. I leaned down and picked one up, "Newt, what's this?"

"I guess Frypan uses them when he cooks," he lied.

"No he doesn't, he uses extra rags from the Box." Newt signed and I could tell that he was lying, "What is in your left hand."

"Nothing,"

"So let me see it."

"No"

"Yes,"

"NO," he said stubbornly.

"YES" I shouted sternly, "Let me see your arm."

He paused for a moment and stared straight into my eyes, "My arm?" He finally replies.

"Yes, your arm," I said. Newt took a deep breath before pulling his hand from behind his back. In his fingers was a sharp little knife and pushed up on his arm was his black bandage. In front of his black bandage was deep red cuts in his perfect, flawless skin,

"Newt." I breathed, "Newt, why." I came forward and took the knife out of his hands, setting it on the counter top-like surface. I then grabbed ahold of his arm and when he winced in pain I loosened my grip.

"Annie, I-"

"Tell me why you are doing this," I questioned.

"It's a way so I can control the pain I feel," I felt my heart drop. He hung his head in shame.

"I thought you had stopped,"

"I did," he said in shame, "for a month."

"Only a month?"

"I let the scars heal then I started again."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked worriedly.

"Cause I knew you would yell at me and tell me to stop."

"Of course I would tell you to stop," I said to him, "but that's only because you're my best friend and I care about you more than anything in this Glade."

I saw tears in his eyes and he looked at me with the slightest smile on his lips. My fingers pulled the black bandage gently over the cuts till it covered them completely. Then I wrapped my around his neck and pulled him into a hug. He weaved his arms around my waist and held me there. I heard his chokes and sobs as he silently cried into my shoulder.

I was the only one to see him cry. No one had ever seen him cry besides the one time after he jumped.

But no one speaks of that.

I felt safe. Even if this was a bad moment, I felt safe.

There was no denying that I liked this guy.

A/N 

I am sorry for this chapter but I mean they hugged! Next chapter will be from Newt's POV and Annie's. I don't have too much to say about this chapter but I hope you enjoyed it and I'm sorry it was a bit of a shorter chapter.

Do you think about the song I chose for this chapter?😔 Let me know------------>

Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment. Don't be a silent reader.

-K.D.

Word Count: 648

First Updated: 2/13/ 23- 12:37 PM

Last Updated: 3/4/23- (adding the banner)