Chapter Twenty- Nine

A/N 

Hey guys so funny story about this chapter. I was getting ready yo go to bed last night and opened the doc to this book and I was like, 'hey I have sudden inspiration' so for the next half hour (or less) I wrote this chapter which was about 4 pages in google docs. I thought I would have to revise it a lot the next morning, but it actually and sense and here it is for you now!

Annie's POV

We were all huddled in the meeting hut, deciding what to do with Thomas. After all he did break rules and there would be punishments for that since no one, not even myself, would get away with breaking the rules in the Glade. It's just how it worked, there were no exceptions, none.

"I believe he should be put in the pit for a week, livin' off of bread and water."

Okay maybe I was wrong about Gally, he just hates people, I thought. I didn't really think that, he just had a lot of trouble trusting people, and I understood why.

"No, he doesn't deserve a week's worth." Newt said.

"Bread and water?" Thomas cut in, in shock.

"Don't talk unless you're talked to!" Gally screeched.

"I'm ju-"

I nudged the brown haired boy, "shut up." I had warned him about the whole, 'not talking unless you are directly spoken to' but I mean I didn't even listen to it at first.

"Well, what are we going to send him off for free?" Gally dramatically threw his hands up in the air.

"No, of course not," Minho said and others agreed, nodding their heads.

"So a week in the pit," Gally settled.

I shook my head in disagreement, "No. Yes he shouldn't have gone in but he definitely learned his lesson in there, and I don't think he'll make that mistake again. Right Thomas?"

"Well," He started but I nudged him again, "yes I learned my lesson-"

"Right, now we have to think of some kind of punishment." I said cutting him off.

"He went into the Maze as a non-runner. Non-runners can't do that!" Gally said this last part as a scream/ shout.

"Gally has a point, he really does," Minho pointed out.

"Thank you Minho." Gally said gruffly.

"You say non runners can't run?" I asked.

"Well then he is officially a runner when he gets out of the pit." Newt finished for me.

"WHAT?" Gally exclaimed. "That's not fair!"

"Well she is second in command and is in command when Alby isn't around." Minho said, re-crossing his arms across his chest.

Why does he always do that one position when standing? I thought.

"Well she didn't even say it," He said, raising his eyebrows. They crack me up.

"Fine then, Thomas will officially become a runner when he gets out of the pit tomorrow morning." I said and smiled at him cutely.

"Tomorrow morning!?!" Gally exclaimed

"Yes tomorrow morning," I said, "We need to have another runner right? Alby is gone and Ben is banished."

Oh yeah did i mention Ben was banished shortly after Thomas got here. I wasn't really involved in the whole thing, though. I was taking care of Teresa and Chuck, poor kid didn't need to see the transaction.