Chapter Eight

A/N: Why does this fit Newt so well. It is so true, so true. <33

Song: No current song for this chapter

Annie's POV

"You enamored the boys back there." Lindsey said. We were walking back to Newt's old hut which was now me and Lindsey's.

"Nah, no one was paying attention besides you." I replied.

"Newt was," she said.

"Okay, you and Newt,"

"And Gally." She spit out.

"You talked to Gally?" I kicked a rock on the ground and it flew inside a hut. My eyes widened and I hoped that no one was inside that hut. I heard rustling from inside the hut so I guessed that someone was home.

"Hello?" A strong voice called from within, "who's there?"

"It's just me Minho," I called out recognizing the voice. The Asian boy came out of the hut. He was shirtless with gray khakis. His chest was showing and he had abs, imma just say that. His arms were jacked with muscle and I could see how fit he was.

Lindsey made a small noise and I looked over to see her gawking at the sight. I rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong?" He said looking back and forth between me and Lindsey's expression.

"Um- I uh," Lindsey said.

"You don't have a shirt on," I said plainly and reached up to shut Lindsey's open mouth.

"Oh!" Minho turned around quickly and ran back into his hut.

'He's hot!' Lindsey mouthed to me.

I nodded, raising my eyebrows, "now you see why I was so obsessed with him" I whispered. She nodded profusely, "oh shut up." I replied

Minho came back wearing a tan shirt that hugged his chest. The complexion on his cheeks had turned a slight shade of pink. In other words he was embarrassed.

"Um," he said trying to play it off, "did you guys need anything?"

"You're strong," Lindsey blurted out. I sighed and rolled my eyes for a second time.

"No, I am sorry for kicking a rock into your hut. We had better leave now," I said motioning to Lindsey.

He nodded and chuckled slightly but I could tell he was still a bit embarrassed by what had happened. We hurried back to our hut and once we were inside I face planted onto my cot while Lindsey just stood and stared at nothing in particular. The hut was dark noting that the sun had gone down and we had no electrical lighting.

"Ugh this has been a rough week," I groaned into my pillow.

"He is so fit..." I don't believe she was talking to me.

"We're so close to finishing the treehouse, and we've been working hard on it." I continued.

"Oh those muscles, those abs!" I ignored her.

"It was kind of cool singing tonight. I should make it a tradition." I rolled over so my back was lying on the cot, "except if Thomas is coming after you there will only be one more celebration night because no more Gladers will come up after them. Hmm I wonder if Teresa will still come. She'll have to, right? To trigger the endin-"

"ANNIE!"

"What!" I sat up so I was facing her.

"He is so fine," she said, pausing between every word.

"I know," I said, flopping back onto the cot. And she says I am obsessed with guys, I thought.

"I can see why you like him,"