Chapter Thirty-Five

A/N Hey guys, I'm back from Disney. I've been back for a while but I've been really busy catching up on school work, tests, and such. And I had like no downtime to be writing because I was almost always doing something and if we were sitting then we were either getting ready to sleep, watching a live show, on a ride, or eating food. I'm just going to say that Disney was absolutely awesome! I might make a small book with a bunch of pictures from my Disney experience! I got some great pictures and had so much fun there!

Annie's POV

Thomas and Minho came back sooner than normal Runners and when they came back they didn't come back empty handed. Just as I predicted.

"Whatcha got there?" Newt said when a couple of us went to meet the two Runners.

"It's something we found while running." Minho said.

"So the other night, you know when I went into the maze and I squashed that- that thing?"

"The Griever?" Newt asked but it sounded more like 'Grievah'. I giggles under my breath but Newt heard me looked over and gave me a curious look before turning his attention back to Thomas.

"Yeah that thing, well we went back because we wanted to look at it in daylight." He continued. I nodded when his gaze landed on me. "And there was this thing in it, the Griever was like part machine and it had this battery looking– thing."

"That's not helpful," I stated, "your description."

"Wait, so you– found something?" Newt asked Thomas and Minho his voice raising.

"Yeah," Minho said in a 'duh' tone. Newt turned his gaze to me with wide eyes. I just raised my eyebrows and cocked my head slightly with a little grin playing on my lips.

"Wai- what's going on here?" Minho said motioning between the two of us. "Well i mean besides– that, like are you guys like talking but not speaking?"

"I guess you could say that," I said, "like," i paused, thinking then a large smile broke out over my face, "like Telepathy." I said and turned my head to Thomas. His eyes went wide but he shaked his head quickly and shook off the look on his face.

"Minho, show them the thing we found," Thomas said changing the subject.

"Right," Minho scrambled to get his bag off his back like a child and dug his hand inside it pulling out a slimy long cylindrical medal thing. He held it out for us and I grabbed it but holding it in a way everyone could see it. It had a digital counter with the number 7 on it and a small welded metal slate underneath the digital counter.

" 'Property of WCKD' " Newt read over my shoulder. I slightly jumped not realizing he was behind me. I turned my face over my shoulder to see that our faces were less that 5 inches away from each others. "What the shuck is that supposed to mean,"

"WCKD is the thing or person that runs this place." Minho said. My head shot in his direction. How could he have known that?

"What?" Thomas and Newt both said at the same time.

"Haven't you noticed those four letters before?" He asked, "I can't be that smart that I'm the only one to have noticed that."

"Don't cut yourself short, Minho," I said and smiled a bit, "also don't ask for too much praise."

"No really," Minho continued, "those four letters are always on the monthly supply crates and boxes that come up in The Box."

"Oh, I never noticed that," Newt said scrunching his nose. I had to admit he looked cute when he did that.