Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N The fact that this meme is so true.^^^^

So this chapter will be a bit shorter and it is a lot like chapter 11 or 12 or whatever chapter contained these elements. Anyway if it's a bit boring for you I'm sorry, I know it took me forever to update this but I've had no clue what to write.

Seriously guys if you have ANY idea, whatsoever, for my book I might take it into consideration. Anyway onto the chapter, enjoy!

Annie's POV

I was running down a white hallway. The same hallway as my last dream. There were red flashing lights near the top of the ceiling that illuminated the hallway.

Red

White

Red

White

I wanted it to stop, but last time I was in this dream I learned information. I heard a scream in the distance, it didn't sound real. I tried to stop running and to look around. I tried to call out but nothing came out. No words came out of my mouth and I was still running but I didn't seem to be going anywhere. I was stuck in one spot running for eternity.

No, I was running backwards. The doors flew past my face, going past me. This shouldn't be happening, I wanted to be in control.

The scream happened again but this time words came through speakers near the top of the ceiling on the walls. The screams happened a couple of times before I could make out the words. No, one word. The voice was saying my name. Annie Annie Annie.

Shut up, I thought but no words came out of my mouth.

'They won't stop until you come to us', a voice in my head said. I tried to block it out but it was still there and it wouldn't leave.

Suddenly the hallway left my view and I was now in the same. I was in the same kind of control center room as last time. The people in white were lying on the floor just as in my last dream. Now that I looked at the uniforms it was definitely blood on them, no doubt about it.

I didn't panic this time, I had been in this room before and if this was the same dream as last time I knew what would play out. I saw a figure with a high bun sitting in a seat, their back facing me. It was Ava Paige, I didn't need to see her face to know it was her. Her chair turned around just like last time and she stared at me but with a more friendlier face.

"Ava," I opened my mouth and this time words came out of my mouth. I was shocked at how my voice sounded.

"Annie," Ava Paige broke into a wide smile and stared at me with warm, loving, motherly eyes.

"Don't look at me like that,"

"Why so cold, Annie." she replied.

"I came here to get answers," I spoke, coldly.

"We brought you here, you didn't bring yourself."

"Either way I want answers." Ava tilted her head up to stare at me with a content look on her face.

"What do you want to know?" She said after a short breath,

"I want to know why I was sent into the maze, Teresa was supposed to be the only girl and the first girl in that matter. I wasn't supposed to even be alive at that time."

"Why you've read the books," she said matter-a-factly. "You know why we sent all the children into the maze, it was to test them." She ignores the second half of my question.