Chapter Twelve

A/N Okay if someone doesn't like this meme, I have a problem with you because I put only my best memes on these chapters.

Again this meme has no context to the chapter because the chapter is very serious and this meme is very... not serious. Anyway enjoy!

Song: No current song for this chapter

Annie's POV

It's been 2 weeks since Lindsey got here. She started her job with Clint and Jeff the day after she got here, which was the day I sang 'Chicken Fried' for Chuck and Daniel's sake. She really enjoyed her job working as a Med-Jack and got to know Clint and Jeff very well.

2 weeks since Lindsey got here that means it's been 2 weeks since Newt started ignoring me. It hasn't really gotten better. It makes me worried because the last time he acted like this, he jumped a few days later and I will not let that happen again. He promised he would never do that again.

But Newt's broken a promise to me before.

~

"Promise me you will tell me if you're not okay," I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine, "say it. Please Newt."

"I promise,"

_

"NEWT!" I raced towards the doors where Minho and Gally were carrying Newt out of the Maze, "No, no, no Newt! Newt!"

My legs carried me to the blonde boy. Minho and Gally let go of Newt and he crumbled to the ground. Once I got close enough I slid on the grass and added another stain to my dirty pants.

"Annie," He coughed out.

I put my hands on both of his shoulders. He wouldn't look at me so I gently grabbed his face and turned it up to face mine.

"Newt!" I softly said, "are you okay?"

He gently nodded, "yeah I'm ok Annie,"

"That's good," I said, "So why the shuck did you do that! You scared the crap out of me! Do you understand how worried I was?! I was so scared!!!!"

"I- i just- i'm sorry,"

"You can't do that again. You don't understand how much that scared me. Why didn't you tell me that's how you felt, I can't lose you! I-" I looked into his eyes and saw tears forming. I sighed and put my fingers up to my mouth. A single tear ran down his cheeks before they all started escaping. Newt started crying into his hands then brought his good knee up to his face and buried his face against it which didn't do too much since there was only one leg. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him, "I'm sorry I got mad,"

"You have every right to..." He said in between sobs. He sobbed into my jacket clinging onto me like a child. I had never seen him so weak and that made me collapse. I hugged him back and nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck.

"No, I don't." I said, "I had no right."

"I- I'm sorry-" he broke down more.

"It's alright," I hushed, "It's alright, I'm here."

"Don't let go," He cried softly.

"Never," I said, "I will never."

~

I'd have to talk to him. The only interaction we've had in these past two weeks are 'hi', 'yes', 'no', or other small talk. He won't make eye contact with me even if we do talk. I catch him glancing at me during meals and occasionally when we work on the tree house.