Chapter Thirty-Six

Hey guys, I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. We got to the end of my school year and I got really busy with finals and then I just enjoyed summer, to be honest, I had bad writer's block so I had no ideas anyway. 

Anyway I hope you enjoy!

Annie's POV

"Was wondering when you'd get back," Newt said after we had come down from the treehouse/ outlook post.

"We have news," Minho breathed seriously

Thomas started rambling, he gasped for breath every couple words, "We came-" Breath
"back as soon-" breath, "as we could!"

"Woah there Thomas," I said steadying him, "Breath,"

"I'm-" breath "trying!"

"Hey guys!" A short plump boy said running over to us.

"Hey Chuck," I said smiling to the short boy

"Hi Annie!" he said and wrapped his plump arms around my waist for a little hug. I gave him a hug back and then let go as he let go.

"Um, hi buddy," I smiled.

"What did you guys find?"

"The way out," Minho replied.

"What?" A voice from behind me said. I turned around to see Alby, Gally and Lindsey about 9 feet away from me. Gally was the one to have spoken.

"Yeah," Thomas breathed in reply.

"The way out?" Alby said disbelief.

"Yeah," Minho said vehemently nodding his head.

"This can't be real," Alby said at the same time I said, "That's fantastic!"

"No it's not!"

"What?" Newt, Chuck and I all said at the same time.

"Why is not?" Chuck said with a confused tone.

"Becuase do we really want to escape this place? This place that has been our home for so long? Do we really want to meet the people who put us here and made us be like lab rats in their experiment?" Alby shot back.

He had a point and I knew that this was the conversation that would lead him to do rash things. The plump boy backed away into me, frightened at Alby's tone.

"Alby this is the place we have been trapped for years, yes I want to escape it!" Newt replied after a moment.

"Come on guys! This can be our way out! Our one chance lets take it!" Thomas spat.

"You don't know what you're doing, like normal." Gally said under his breath.

"Well at least I'm doing something! Unlike ya, all ya do is sit around all day bossing people with Lindsey!" Thomas said a little to boldly.

"He's asking for it," Newt whispers to me. I just nod in agreement. He was getting too bold and provoking Gally, no one could say anything to Gally without him getting mad– well, except Lindsey.

"No ya have no room to talk!" Gally shot at Thomas, "ya've been here hardly a month, hardly a week. Ya don't know what you doing, we've been here 3 years. Ya know nothin!"

"And in those 3 years ya've found nothing, what good ya've done."

"SHUT UP!" Gally looked like he was about to punch Thomas. Next thing we knew Thomas was on the ground and Gally looked very smug but he seemed he wanted to go further than a punch.