Chapter Nine

A/N: IM SORRY 🤣🤣🤣 THIS MEME WILL RELIEVE YOU FROM THE WEIGHT OF THIS CHAPTER!!! I SAW IT ON PINTEREST AND I HADDD TOOOO!!! BAHAHAHAHA 

*deep breath, deep breath* Okay now into the very serious chapter

Song: There is no song choice here

Annie's POV

I was running down a white hallway. The average hallway you would see. There were red flashing lights near the top of the ceiling that illuminated the hallway.

Red

White

Red

White

It was getting annoying. The hallway was full of doorways, equally spaced. I frantically tried to open each door and each door was locked. I continued down the hallway finding every door locked. I neared the end of the hallway where there was one door left that I hadn't tried. I turned the handle, it was unlocked. I burst through the door. The room turned out to be a kind of control center. There were people in white lying on the floor. I couldn't tell if it was the red light but it looked like there were red stains on their uniforms. Blood.

I panicked. There was no way out from this room. There were no doors besides the one I came through. I saw a figure with a high bun sitting in a seat, their back facing me. I thought they was dead, just like all the other people in this room. But she wasn't for the next thing I knew the chair was spinning around and a woman was staring at me. I recognized her from James Dashner's description of the woman in the book.

Ava Paige.

"You," I said, my voice sounding like it was miles away.

"Hello Annie," the woman spoke.

"Why am I here?" I asked, sternly.

"Oh you are going to be very important in our little game."

"Leave me out of it." The woman clasped her hand in front of her and smiled like a happy child, "in my world this is all a book. It's all a fairy tale, a made up story!"

"But you're not in your world are you?" A voice from behind me said. I turned around to see Ratman staring straight at me.

"Janson," I said, coldly, "and no I'm not in my world anymore. But any day I could wake up and find myself back home.

"NO." he yelled. I was shocked by his tone, "you will not go home until this whole thing is over."

"What? Once we solve the maze?"

"Once you finish the war." He lifted his hand up to meet my head's height. He was holding a gun. Before a sound could leave my throat he pulled the trigger.

Boom.

I woke up sweaty and screaming.

A/n Okay Chapter Nine done! Whatcha think? I'm sorry this is a short chapter and if you couldn't figure it out it was a dream. 

How do you think Annie is related to the whole thing or is it just in the dream and Janson and Ava Paige don't know anything about her. Comment what you think--------->

Is there a song that I missed that could work for this chapter? Let me know------------>

(Also if I hadn't already used Panic Room for a chapter I would have put it here because it would have been perfect!)

I don't really have much to say here except thanks for reading! Vote and comment! Don't be a silent reader!

-K.D.

Word Count: 552

First Updated: 2/6/23- 6:49 PM

Last Updated: 3/4/23- (adding the banner)