Chapter Seventeen

A/N Hellllllooooooooo everyone HAPPY VALENTINES DAYYY what do you think of the pictureeeeeeeeeeee!! He is just soooo cute! I love himmmm! <3333

Hope you guys enjoy some Newt/ Annie content!!!!

Annie's POV

Today was the day for the Greenie.

I opened my eyes.

Today was the day for Thomas to come up.

I pulled the covers off my body.

I had to keep calm because Thomas was one of my favorite characters. Along with Minho, Newt, Chuck, Brenda, Sonya and Teresa. I couldn't wait to meet Brenda and Sonya but meeting Brenda meant going into the Scorch. I mean Thomas hasn't even come up yet, nor Teresa. I didn't even know if Teresa were to come up at all seeing that Lindsey and I were already here and a girl coming up in the box was a big deal then. Going to the scorch meant running from the Cranks, it meant escaping WCKD for a second time, it meant losing Winston to the virus. Oh Winston.

Don't think about that, I told myself, Thomas is coming up tonight which means we will have a celebration night! Think happy thoughts, think of a song to sing.

I got up from my cot and slipped one of Newt's shirts on, over my tank-top. It didn't smell like Newt anymore but every time I wore it I thought of him. I thought of him every day, not just when I'm wearing his shirt.

"Hey Annie?" A voice called in from outside.

"Yeah?" I called out. Clints's head popped into view, "Oh hey Clint,"

"Hi Annie. Have you seen Lindsey anywhere?" He asked.

"No I haven't," I shook my head and frowned, "she wasn't here when I woke up."

"Hmm, strange. She always checks in with Jeff and I and when she didn't this morning I got curious." he explained.

"That is strange," I said, "I can go look for her."

"If you want to, it's not a huge deal, I was just wondering because I haven't seen her this morning."

"Yeah neither have I."

Clint popped his head out of view and I pulled my sneakers on. I left my hut walking around trying to find Lindsey.

I guess I can check Gally's hut, she's over there often talking to him. I walked over to his hut and peaked my head inside. No Lindsey, no Gally. But there was someone inside and it made my stomach turn and twist. Newt.

"Hi, Annie," he said,

"Hey Newt," I said a little shakily.

"Did you need anything?" He asked.

"I was looking for Lindsey and I thought she might be in here,"

"Nope," he said, popping the 'p'.

"Oh," I said. I walked into the hutt slightly and clasped my hands together in front of my legs, "So today's the day for a new Greenie."

"Yeah, another poor kid stuck in here,"

Yeah another poor kid that purposefully put himself in here to stop WCKD. To help us escape here, I thought, hmm poor kid.

I nodded and turned to leave the hut but Newt's voice stopped me, "Um, I actually wanted to talk to you,"

I turned back around.

"Oh?" Newt took a couple steps forward.

"I don't think this will work," My heart dropped, wasn't it just the other day that he said that he liked me too? He seemed like he wanted to be together. He saw the hurt on my face, "Roaming with Gally," he said quickly, "not us."