Chapter Seven

A/N: There's no meme for this chapter but there is a song. Just press play whenever I tell you too in the chapter!

This is my second Chapter in two days! I've recently had so much motivation! Thank you everyone! AHHHH We made it to 200 followers thanks so much! Thank you so much avalonlaurier and isabella_bus07 for helping me out!

Song: Panic Room ( Acoustic) by Au/Ra

Annie's POV

I helped Lindsey settle in and I showed her around the Glade even though that was technically Clint's job. When Frypan called us for dinner I walked Lindsey to the Mess hall and told her what we normally did. Today's meal was interesting, a pasta that slightly resembles macaroni and cheese but I wasn't sure what the cheese was made out of.

"What is this?" Lindsey asked me once Frypan had given us our dinner. Since tonight was the first of the month we ate outside with the bonfire and music going. I led Lindsey over to a fallen tree and we sat against it listening to Jeff strumming his fingers on the guitar.

We had made a makeshift guitar out of bark, wood and extra items that came up in the Box every month. I took a bite of the 'mac and cheese', it honestly wasn't too bad. It definitely wasn't a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese though or Annie's, whatever you prefer.

"You should play a song," Lindsey said.

"What?" I tore my eyes away from the guitar.

"I see you eying that guitar- thing," she said, "go ask if you can play a song."

"Even if I do, what song do I play?" I asked.

"What song do you think of in this place?" A song came into mind and I knew exactly what to play.

I sat my plate on the ground next to me and got up, walking over to Jeff, "Hey can I have a swing?" I asked him. He nodded and held out the guitar to me. My fingers wrapped around the handle and I took it from him sitting next to him on the log. I positioned my fingers and took a deep breath before starting to play.

My mouth opened and a song came out.

Play The Video:

'Hell raising, hair raising

I'm reading for the worst

So frightening, face whitening

Fear that you can't reverse'

I switched my hand position.

'My phone has no signal

It's making my skin crawl

The silence is so loud

The lights spark and flicker

With monsters much bigger

Than I can control now'

I glance over at Lindsey who smiles and gives me a thumbs up before putting another bite of the 'mac and cheese' in her mouth.

Newt's POV

I watched her sing and play the song using the makeshift guitar. Her fingers strumming the strings and her voice just sounded beautiful together. I had never heard this song before, granted I had no memory of any songs or music. Her voice was just beautiful and it caused me to be in a trance at her beauty.