Chapter Twenty

A/N Hey guys I know this is kind of late and I know I promised avalonlaurier that it would be out yesterday but I got kind of busy and didn't have time to publish it.

Okay here you go, finally here is a Newt POV chapter and I hope you enjoyed it because I put a lot of thought into this one, hehe.

Here you go another chapter!! Hope you all enjoy! 

Newt's POV

She slowly laid her head on my shoulder. My body automatically stiffened and I scolded myself knowing she could feel that. I relaxed my body and pulled my arm out from under her to wrap around her other shoulder, bringing her closer. She leaned into me more until she was leaning against me with all her weight. We sat about twenty minutes before someone came over and interrupted our moment. It was Thomas.

"Hey, Newt-" Thomas stopped in his tracks when he saw Annie resting under my arm, "Oh I'm sorry. Is she asleep?"

"Not sure," I leaned over without moving her body to look at her face. "Hey Annie, ya awake?"

No response.

Yep she was asleep. I've watched her sleep, not in a creepy way, many times but this time it was different. She was so precious sleeping and the look on her face was so resting and made me just sigh.

"I should probably bring her back to her hut." I said and gently wrapped my arms around her, finding the best way to pick her up. I crouched down and picked her up bridal style. She mumbled slightly and she shifted in my arms nestling her face against my chest. My heart fumbled and fluttered, I didn't want to drop her by accident.

"Mmm," she whistled as I held her. I felt myself getting slightly light headed, I was holding the girl I really liked in my arms.

Just calm down Newt, I said to myself. You're just taking her to her hut that's all you're doing.

"I'm going to take her to her hut then I'll be back and we can talk if you want to," I said nodding at the fallen tree we were sitting against.

"Okay I'll wait here for you." He said and sat down to the left of where I was sitting.

I carried her gently down the path to the cabins, past Gally's and I's to Annie and Lindsey's hut. There were two people in their cabin. It was Gally and Lindsey, I heard Gally talking.

"I can't stand sharing a hut with Newt anymore, can you and him switch?" He continued, "Definitely don't want to share with Annie, you're like the only one besides Winstin who actually treats me like a human being."

Oh, my heart dropped. I honestly didn't know he felt that way.

"Yeah we can switch," I walked into the hut holding Annie.

"Were you listening the whole time!?!" Gally cried at the same time that Lindsey said, "Oh great heavens! Annie!"

"She's asleep," I said looking down at the sleeping angel in my arms, "heavily it looks like, she didn't wake up at that."

"She does sleep heavily, once I had to throw a pillow in her face just to get her conscious."

I laughed and I saw the corner of Gally's lift upward.

She's changing him. I thought.

"She fell asleep on me so I just brought her in here to sleep more peacefully." I said.

"That's nice of you," Lindsey said, "I'll just grab my crate, blanket and I'll move into Gally's hut. I'll let you grab your stuff."

Lindsey grabbed her belongings and she and Gally walked out of the hut. I walked over to Annie's cot and gently laid her down onto it then covered her with the blanket. She then woke up but only slightly.