Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N Okay guys what did you think of the last chapter. This one will be a little bit of a longer chapter. I hope you enjoy though I worked hard!<33

Also I love the meme on this one haha. It is sooo true.

Thank you so much for 1.1K views I couldn't have done it without isabella_bus07,avalonlaurier, and minhoshairgel69. :) <33. Love you all. 

Just for you guys. So I really think you will like this one. There's a little.......twist. Enjoy!

Annie's POV

Newt and I walked back to the gardens, leaving Chuck to watch over Teresa.

"Do you think it was safe for us to leave Chuck with her?" Newt picked up two baskets, handing one to me and keeping the other for himself.

"Of course," I said to Newt in a 'duh' tone, "I would trust that boy with anything."

"What about me?" he asked me, making eye contact.

"I would trust you with my life."

"Wow," He started, "Annie I-"

Suddenly Lindsey and Gally came running over to us. Or should I say Lindsey pulling Gally along with her.

Thanks, you two, I thought, we always have to get interrupted, don't we.

"Hey Lindsey," I nodded to her, "Gally." I half growled.

"Hi guys," Newt said and turned back to the vine beans, picking them a little harshly and putting them into the basket. I think he wanted to tell me something and was frustrated that we were interrupted.

"Annie!" Lindsey urgently breathed.

"What?" I asked worriedly.

"The doors are about to close and Minho and Alby aren't back yet."

"Oh," I forgot about this. How did I forget about this!?

Newt dropped his basket and I put mine in the ground. The four of us ran to the doors and all stood in a line. There were plenty of other boys standing in a line. Newt and I lined up next to Thomas. We were all silent with small mumbles coming from the boys, them all voicing their concerns.

"Where are they?" Thomas voiced.

"I don't know-" I started then saw a figure. No, no two figures. One was holding up the other. It was Minho and Alby, but Alby was hurt. "There they are." I wasn't the only one that shouted that. And I certainly wasn't the first.

"Are they okay?" Thomas asked, worried.

"Looks like Alby's hut." Newt said then started to shout at the boys still in the maze, "Come on! You got it. Come on!"

They weren't getting any closer.

"They're not going to make it," I said, mumbling. I knew they weren't going to make it and I had to let Thomas go in. If he didn't they were going to die. I knew Newt was going to stop him.

"Well we have to do something!"

"There's nothing we can do Thomas," I told him sternly but I was hoping they would even though they weren't supposed to. Alby dropped to the ground and Minho grabbed his hand urgently dragging him along, he was struggling badly.

"Come on Minho," I said along with everyone else. The doors were so close to shutting and they weren't close to getting out. They weren't going to make it even if Minho left Alby and ran.