*Six*

Tre held my hand as we entered the crowded bar and moved to a small table at the side, just as another couple vacated the spot in favor of the dance floor.

"Want to have a drink first?" he called over the noise.

"Yes, definitely." I needed something to help me ease into this situation.

I'd been dancing before, but it had been years, and none of this was my usual. I didn't date, dance in public, go to bars, or have the urge to kiss anyone, but there I was, staring at Tre's mouth, in a bar, on our date, getting ready to dance.

So, yeah, I'd take all the vodka.

Tre scanned the area and shook his head. Leaning down to be heard without yelling, he said, "It'll take forever to get a waitress. Will you be okay here if I run to the bar to get our drinks?"

"Sure!"

"What would you like?"

"Something fruity with vodka, please!"

"Okay." He turned and cut through the cluster of people separating us from the bartender about thirty feet away. With dark jeans and a black tee that hugged his wide shoulders, he was effortlessly sexy. And I was here with him.

As the woman behind the bar made her way toward him, her hurried expression relaxed, and she smiled. Tre said something, and she laughed before reaching for a shaker and filling it with several things, all while giving him flirty looks.

My eyes narrowed on her. This bitch needed to focus on her job and take her eyeballs off my man.

Woah! My man? Where did that come from?

"Hey, there." A dark-haired guy leaned on the table way too close for comfort, blocking my view of Tre and wafting his beer breath over me.

I scooted back in my seat to gain some space and tried not to cringe. I wanted him to go away, but I didn't want to start a problem.

"You here alone?" His greasy gaze focused on my chest, and I resisted the urge to adjust my shirt.

"No. I'm here with a date, so if you don't mind—"

"I don't."

He plopped in the seat beside me, and I pressed myself to the wall at my back. What made this guy think I wanted to continue this conversation? "My date will be back any second, and I'm not interested in whatever this is."

"Now, how do you know you're not interested if you don't know what I'm offering?"

I clenched my teeth. I'd tried to be civil, but this asshole was about to get his feelings hurt.

Two glasses appeared on the table, and I looked up to find Tre studying the guy beside me with a furrowed brow. "Friend of yours?" he asked me.

"Nope."

When the jerk looked up at Tre his overly cocky expression faltered. "I was just saying hello, my man."

"Okay. No problem." Tre nodded, but his expression hardened. "Now, say goodbye."

"Whatever." The guy stood and ambled drunkenly into the crowd.

Tre slipped into the vacated seat. "I can't leave you alone for a minute." He chuckled and adjusted our drinks in front of us. Mine was bright blue, and his looked like a soda.

"Look who's talking. I saw the bartender flirting with you." I tried not to grumble as I lifted my drink and took a sip through the tiny straw. Pineapple and coconut, yum! When I looked up, Tre was grinning at me.

"What?" I asked.

He brushed the back of his finger over my cheek. "What's this little pout? Are you jealous?"