*Forty Two*

Shopping with Mandy was a whirlwind of stores filled with skimpy clothes. She flung another outfit over the top of my dressing room door. "Try that on and let me see if you like it."

I lifted the tiny scrap of fuchsia material. "Is this all of it?" After shaking it out, it was barely larger than a tissue. "I think a piece is missing."

Mandy cackled. "Girl, just put it on. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but you gotta try new things."

With a deep sigh, I worked the scrap over my head. "With the black skirt?"

"Yeah, that'll be cute."

When I finally had it on, I couldn't get my boobs to stay inside at the top and bottom at the same time, and I was panting from the workout. "It doesn't fit."

"Yes, it does," Mandy said from outside the door.

I scoffed. "You can't even see me!"

"I don't need to. Your goofy ass is trying to fit everything inside that tiny top, aren't you?"

"Uh, yeah. Is that not how clothes work?"

"Not that one. It shows off under-boob." She tapped on the door. "Let me see."

Cringing, I let her in. "Under-boob? Seriously?"

She smacked her gum. "Yep. Here." After taking a few seconds to yank things into place and adjust my boobs like they were hers, she stepped back and turned me toward the mirror. "Tell me that ain't sexy as fuck."

My mouth fell open. "Well, Tre would definitely like it." The round curves peeking out from the bottom were weirdly pretty, but not something I could ever wear in public.

Mandy poked my red cheek. "You won't wear it at the bar, though, will you?" I shook my head, and she rolled her eyes. "Maybe buy it for around the house then." She lifted the tag and shrugged. "It's cheap."

Scanning myself in the mirror, I decided to buy it. Maybe I'd even work up the courage to wear it at home with confidence, after a drink or seven. I blew out a slow breath. "Now, I have to get this thing off."

I started to pull it up when Mandy said, "Down is easier than up."

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Where were you when I was wearing myself out putting this thing on?"

She grinned, and then her face soured when she saw my bra and panties. Flicking my boob, she said, "What is this functional-ass shit?" She shook her head and opened the door before I could even respond. "Try that dress on. Imma grab you something cute to wear under it."

Slithering into the dark green, low cut, skintight dress that just barely went past my ass was a lot easier than that top. Turning to the mirror, I paused and ran my palms down my sides. The stretchy material was soft and comfortable while somehow also framing my cleavage and hugging my hips in a way that made me look like someone else. Someone hotter.

When Mandy yanked the door open, I was still standing there admiring myself. "Damn, girl! Okay, I see you're feeling yourself in that one. I am too."

"It looks pretty good, right?"

"It does." She nodded. "You hide a lot of body under that shit you usually wear. I'm jealous."

My lips pinched to the side as I scanned her long, thin body. "Yeah, it must be rough looking like a model." She'd found her outfit within the first few minutes of shopping. It was basically a long black satin ribbon that tied behind her neck and crisscrossed around her body. It was wide enough in the right places to cover her breasts and downstairs area, then it tied at her thigh.