*Thirty Two*

In the morning, I woke up covered in blankets and man. Cracking my eyes open, I found Tre gone, but Carey laying half on top of me. Our legs twisted together, one heavy arm rested across my stomach, and his head nestled in the crook of my neck. Tossing the covers back, I got some much needed air.

What we'd done the night before flashed through my mind in glorious detail. Oh, my God. Everything had changed between us. Carey and I had touched and tasted each other. We'd heard each other's moans—admitted we love each other. My pulse thrummed in my ears.

The memory of his rough voice as he pounded into me from behind was enough to make my nipples harden even as I mentally freaked out. What if we'd ruined everything? What if Carey felt differently today about me or Tre or all of it?

Carey stirred, nuzzling his face against me and kissing my collarbone before shifting to his side, rolling me in front of him so my back rested against his hard chest. He feathered light, tickling kisses from my shoulder to my neck making me giggle and wiggle in his embrace.

"How much are you panicking?" he asked.

"None." I scoffed. "Why would I?" Tension pinched my tone, giving away my lie.

His thumb moved in circles above my elbow. "Do you regret me?" he whispered, but it didn't hide the strain in his voice.

I peeked over my shoulder at him. "No, not at all. Do you regret me?"

"Never."

Relief had me sagging against him. "I'm just worried about how things will be between us now."

For a few moments, he trailed his fingertips lightly from my ribs to my hip and back. "We'll be okay, Gem." He kissed my neck. "You're still my best friend."

"You're mine too." Guilt poked at my chest. Shouldn't Tre be my best friend? I shook the thought away. If I could love them both, surely they could both be my best friend too. Who says you have to pick one?

"Tre must be already painting." It wasn't a question. Carey knew Tre's routine as well as I did.

I nodded and stretched. "I need to go to the bathroom, and then I'll start some breakfast."

"You cooking? How domestic." Carey tickled my sides, and I giggled as I pulled away.

He let me go, and I scooted to the edge of the bed. "Maybe I won't make you anything."

I sat up and paused with my feet hanging toward the floor. An explosion of butterflies fluttered in my stomach when I realized I was going to have to cross the room in the morning sunlight, completely naked, in front of Carey. I should've let him leave first.

"What're you doing?" I could hear his smile.

"Nothing."

"Are you waiting for me to leave before you stand?" Okay, now his voice held barely restrained laughter, and I kinda wanted to smack him.

"No."

"Good, because I'm waiting to see that ass and I've got all day."

"Carey!" I grumbled. "Can't you just pull the covers over your head or something?"

"Definitely not. But if you don't get going, I'm gonna drag you over here to look at you up close, with my tongue. I'm not sure what the rules are with the three of us, so I'm trying not to."

My mouth fell open. He pinched my butt, and I jumped up with a shriek. "Damn it, Carey." Refusing to let him goad me, I did my best to swagger across the room and not break into a sprint.

He made a deep, appreciative sound in his throat. "You wanted to take this away from me? That's just mean, Gem."

I laughed and shut the bathroom door between us.